January activity | The Boneyard

January activity

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
First day of classes is Tuesday Jan 18th. The dead period ends Thursday Jan 13th at midnight (this 12.01 am Friday is the first minute of full contact again). Hopefully we see some decisions made on the pending grad transfers over the next couple weeks in order to get guys on campus for spring ball. Seems like the staff still wants 2 more transfer OL, a transfer DL, another transfer TE, maybe a transfer CB and maybe a transfer LB.

Also, there are three weekends open for OV ahead of the 2/2 second signing date. It doesn’t seem like we will have too many HS signees for this second date, but of course things could change in a big way, there are often surprises.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Also, We might also see another name or two enter the portal in January after school starts. No inside info, just seems like it’s likely one or two more decide to move on.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
First day of classes is Tuesday Jan 18th. The dead period ends Thursday Jan 13th at midnight (this 12.01 am Friday is the first minute of full contact again). Hopefully we see some decisions made on the pending grad transfers over the next couple weeks in order to get guys on campus for spring ball. Seems like the staff still wants 2 more transfer OL, a transfer DL, another transfer TE, maybe a transfer CB and maybe a transfer LB.

Also, there are three weekends open for OV ahead of the 2/2 second signing date. It doesn’t seem like we will have too many HS signees for this second date, but of course things could change in a big way, there are often surprises.
What Friday are you referring to? 1/7? If so, I wonder what the new on campus living change will have on that. No one is allowed back on campus until 1/29. Doubt they make an exception for the football team. Bball they likely will because they are in the middle of their season.

Reaction Score

Are transfers limited by the dead period? Seems like since they don't have signing dates and the other stuff, that they may not be?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Are transfers limited by the dead period? Seems like since they don't have signing dates and the other stuff, that they may not be?
I think there are slightly different rules for transfers during this period that are seeking to enroll for spring semester.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What Friday are you referring to? 1/7? If so, I wonder what the new on campus living change will have on that. No one is allowed back on campus until 1/29. Doubt they make an exception for the football team. Bball they likely will because they are in the middle of their season.
I meant Friday 1/14.

School might be delayed - so not sure how that impacts the spring enrollees.

It’s interesting that the state has not given relief yet to public k-12 schools for restating live instruction next week.

Reaction Score
Little of Danbury, Samuels of Windsor, Edwards of Norwalk. even Eason from Brunswick School. All Connecticut kids and certainly development HS recruiting. Are those offers coming to visits? What are the expectations? Seems like that is a curious flurry of CT activity.

Reaction Score
some kid is gonna fall to the wayside of a bigger program because they grabbed transfers and 2 HS QBs and we are gonna get them.

We have a few on our list. I suspect the QB that comes in for 2022 is not there now; but someone in the Burton building is watching what is happening. Musical chairs is exactly what the QB position is ... and we are just waiting for the right kid to lose a chair.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I meant Friday 1/14.

School might be delayed - so not sure how that impacts the spring enrollees.

It’s interesting that the state has not given relief yet to public k-12 schools for restating live instruction next week.
As a K-12 teacher I can tell you that it's going to be one heck of a disaster starting tomorrow. Staffing is going to turn into a nightmare as the weeks go forward in January. Onwards!

Reaction Score
As a K-12 teacher I can tell you that it's going to be one heck of a disaster starting tomorrow. Staffing is going to turn into a nightmare as the weeks go forward in January. Onwards!
Me too. Scared to see how many are out on Monday

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
As a parent- I am not excited about the situation. It all sucks.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
As a parent- I am not excited about the situation. It all sucks.
As a parent I'm the same way....Kids are vaccinated, as are my wife and I, but if they or myself and/or wife are positive, that's a lot of time off I'm looking at....the scary part is that I'm almost expecting one of us to test positive, that's how crazy and contagious this is.

Sorry to get OT

Reaction Score
Enough of the Covid talk, it’s a football board.
What's the difference these days. Covid affects sports tremendously. That said be nice to be done with it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom