CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She looks like a Tennessee player . That’s not a good or bad thing
its horrible steve martin GIF by Saturday Night Live

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
While I won't compare her to Maya (while Patterson has that confidence, she certainly doesn't have Maya's outside shooting ability...yet), her ball handling, confidence on the court, shot selection, both inside and out, not to mention a nice pull up, leaves me with sense her current ability is already at the next level...she simply doesn't play like a high schooler.
A player like her is a college coach's dream. Most coaches would love the opportunity to coach them because they come in with most/all of the intangibles already installed. All they have to do is a little smoothing out of the rough edges, a little polishing and connect the dots. :) She likes to play, wants the ball, won't take plays off, is not afraid to go to the basket, and plays hard ALL THE TIME!!! Gimme me 8 of those please. ;)

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Does she have a final list and how tall is she?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does she have a final list and how tall is she?
6'2" with ELITE athleticism meaning she can dunk easily. Don't know that she put out a list but ND (in state) and the usual suspects are expected to be on it and I hope to God UCONN is as well. Initial I was thinking she be duplicative of Brady and more of a 4-5. Recent video have changed my mind in that she might be able to play and defend on the wing.

Reaction Score
6'2" with ELITE athleticism meaning she can dunk easily. Don't know that she put out a list but ND (in state) and the usual suspects are expected to be on it and I hope to God UCONN is as well. Initial I was thinking she be duplicative of Brady and more of a 4-5. Recent video have changed my mind in that she might be able to play and defend on the wing.

Rare to see two-handed women dunks. Of course, some might question that it's a practice dunk and that we have no assurance that the rim is regulation.

Our 2021 signee Saniyah Rivers recently dunked in practice. Same questions can be raised.

Our hometown 2022 prospect, Ashlynn Watkins, has numerous recorded high school and AAU game dunks so the rim height questions go away, but I have never seen her do a two-handed dunk. She is a tremendous athlete and impressive defender and rebounder, but her offensive skills aren't ready for the big time.

a dunk is only two points, but Patterson has more than just dunking ability. Yeah, I want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BphXEYAjNdk

Reaction Score

I think she's improved her mobility, ballhandling, and shooting noticeably from last season's video that I saw. She's going to be a load.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think she's improved her mobility, ballhandling, and shooting noticeably from last season's video that I saw. She's going to be a load.
Yea! As I said she has opened my eyes lately especially with making mid range contested shot and the ball handling in traffic. I have also come around to your way of thinking with regards to Barker. Although I think Barker would be a better fit and natural 3 to pair with Ice I predict Barker goes somewhere where she is the featured player which she would not be at UCONN. Maybe Barker stays in state ACC at Florida state or Miami.
Patterson seems like she can be a big piece without the need to be THE PIECE. Patterson and Brady would be exceptional foundation pieces for UCONN.

Last edited:

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
What's not to like, she looks quick, fast, in control, a very defined body with more muscularity than I had at her age. Wrap her up and deliver her at UCONN's doorstep

Reaction Score
I would think that ND is the favorite to land her!
She has identified offers from more than 50 schools, including every contender except Stanford.

She has never indicated ANY favorite Yes, Notre Dame could be considered the "hometown favorite" but nothing confirms that.

And with Janiah Barker, nothing but crickets even regarding offers.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Rare to see two-handed women dunks. Of course, some might question that it's a practice dunk and that we have no assurance that the rim is regulation.

Our 2021 signee Saniyah Rivers recently dunked in practice. Same questions can be raised.

Our hometown 2022 prospect, Ashlynn Watkins, has numerous recorded high school and AAU game dunks so the rim height questions go away, but I have never seen her do a two-handed dunk. She is a tremendous athlete and impressive defender and rebounder, but her offensive skills aren't ready for the big time.

a dunk is only two points, but Patterson has more than just dunking ability. Yeah, I want.

:eek: Listen, There is no good reason why Dawn should have to stray beyond the friendly confines of Columbia, SC for recruits in the next say 2-3 years. There is no need for her to go back and troll the sate on Indiana.

Reaction Score
:eek: Listen, There is no good reason why Dawn should have to stray beyond the friendly confines of Columbia, SC for recruits in the next say 2-3 years. There is no need for her to go back and troll the sate on Indiana.

Hoopgurlz
# 8 Talaysia Cooper Turbeville, SC
#13 Ashlyn Watkins Columbia, SC
#3 Malaysia Fulwilley, Columbia, SC
?? Joyce Edwards, Camden SC

Hope we get them all - but it's not enough. We have to go out of state too. Ms. Law will continue to "troll" the midwest.

For 2022, I could be satisfied with Cooper/Watkins along with either Maya Nnaji or Patterson. Barker is a mystery. If we could get all four I would be more than satisfied.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hoopgurlz
# 8 Talaysia Cooper Turbeville, SC
#13 Ashlyn Watkins Columbia, SC
#3 Malaysia Fulwilley, Columbia, SC
?? Joyce Edwards, Camden SC

Hope we get them all - but it's not enough. We have to go out of state too. Ms. Law will continue to "troll" the midwest.

For 2022, I could be satisfied with Cooper/Watkins along with either Maya Nnaji or Patterson. Barker is a mystery. If we could get all four I would be more than satisfied.
the polka king money GIF by NETFLIX

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She has identified offers from more than 50 schools, including every contender except Stanford.

She has never indicated ANY favorite Yes, Notre Dame could be considered the "hometown favorite" but nothing confirms that.

And with Janiah Barker, nothing but crickets even regarding offers.
FWIW VolNation has Patterson going to UCONN and Barker a Lady Vol.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thanks to Stoli for the tip. PBR has Juste Jocyte as a 2023. #1 in her class of course.

Jocyte's been playing in Europe recently:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul