January 2021 UConn recruiting thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

January 2021 UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks to Stoli for the tip. PBR has Juste Jocyte as a 2023. #1 in her class of course.

Jocyte's been playing in Europe recently:

She was born in November 2005. I thought she would be class of 2024, given that Euros tend to finish prep school at age 19. Regardless of the year, she likely would be #1. She could play at UConn today.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
From the Super 60 Showdown Facebook Page:

Joyce Edwards (Camden HS/Camden, South Carolina) 2024 6’2 F - Joyce Edwards has clearly solidified her spot as one of the best freshmen in the country. Just coming off her second back to back GetMeRecruited title, Joyce has continued her dominance in the high school season. In the LBI Holiday Showcase Joyce went off for 47 points in a not so easy 73-67 win against a pretty talented Legacy Early College. It’s her versatility to post inside and take a jumper outside, her ability to grab a rebound and push it full court, and it was her defensive prowess, rebounding and blocking shots, that puts Joyce in a category of her own. Holding over a dozen strong offers, it will be quite interesting to see who lands the Joyce Edwards lottery.

Reaction Score
From the Super 60 Showdown Facebook Page:

Joyce Edwards (Camden HS/Camden, South Carolina) 2024 6’2 F - Joyce Edwards has clearly solidified her spot as one of the best freshmen in the country. Just coming off her second back to back GetMeRecruited title, Joyce has continued her dominance in the high school season. In the LBI Holiday Showcase Joyce went off for 47 points in a not so easy 73-67 win against a pretty talented Legacy Early College. It’s her versatility to post inside and take a jumper outside, her ability to grab a rebound and push it full court, and it was her defensive prowess, rebounding and blocking shots, that puts Joyce in a category of her own. Holding over a dozen strong offers, it will be quite interesting to see who lands the Joyce Edwards lottery.
I would be shock if she does not end up at SC.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Found out through the premier basketball link above that Canadian CG T'yana Todd Class of '22 still has UCONN in her top 16. Last Canadian CG to come to UCONN work out pretty well. Now that Miss Jackson is off to Duke would Todd be a possibility for UCONN?

Reaction Score
Found out through the premier basketball link above that Canadian CG T'yana Todd Class of '22 still has UCONN in her top 16. Last Canadian CG to come to UCONN work out pretty well. Now that Miss Jackson is off to Duke would Todd be a possibility for UCONN?
She's narrowing her list to 9 on February 1st, so we'll know more then.

Reaction Score
Was this a Jr. High game? I could only take 5 minutes of this and never did figure out which kid was Todd.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Was this a Jr. High game? I could only take 5 minutes of this and never did figure out which kid was Todd.
There better video out there of her playing and some of it has been posted here before. Good size and skill set-a little too right hand dominant & I 'm not sure UCONN is in the market for a '22 guard but we'll see.

Reaction Score
She's narrowing her list to 9 on February 1st, so we'll know more then.

I would imagine she will eliminate several schools that haven't offered her. I have some guesses.

Reaction Score
I would be shock if she does not end up at SC.
I'm not that confident. I think that we would have an advantage by being the home state school and Dawn has been on her since she first popped up. Remember however that she is a super student with strong athletics. A Stanford-type school could come snooping around.

I do like that she played for FBC United. That team has a lot of Gamecock spirit

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You have to wonder how many elite 22 guards want to play at UConn ... because they want to play.
That is a good question here is the list of 22 guards that have/had interest in UCONN and have not committed or down selected to exclude UCONN as of yet. #6 Kiki Rice : #26 Jennah Iasi, #27 KK Bransford : #41 Paulina Paris. Todd is currently not ranked by ESPN but my guess is that she would be below Paris. @Sluconn Husky please chime in.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That is a good question here is the list of 22 guards that have/had interest in UCONN and have not committed or down selected to exclude UCONN as of yet. #6 Kiki Rice : #26 Jennah Iasi, #27 KK Bransford : #41 Paulina Paris. Todd is currently not ranked by ESPN but my guess is that she would be below Paris. @Sluconn Husky please chime in.

That's what I've got unless Jaelyn Bates is still possible which I'm doubting.

Reaction Score
I can see Rice at Stanford, they'll need guards. Isai could be good at Arizona or ASU. Bransford's the only one that might take a shot at UConn IMO but even that is a ??. I'd be good with just Brady and if possible Patterson and get a guard or two from '23..

Reaction Score
You have to wonder how many elite 22 guards want to play at UConn ... because they want to play.
Based on the current level of play, appears there is more than adequate minutes for a good point guard. To date, Muhl does not appear to offer much competition. Yes, you would not start for 2 years but to play for UConn on a potentially National Championship Team with great players and coaching may appeal to some. Need to do more research, but most of the Top 10 teams also have this position locked down.

Reaction Score
Based on the current level of play, appears there is more than adequate minutes for a good point guard. To date, Muhl does not appear to offer much competition. Yes, you would not start for 2 years but to play for UConn on a potentially National Championship Team with great players and coaching may appeal to some. Need to do more research, but most of the Top 10 teams also have this position locked down.
As for point guard, I’m hoping for Fulwiley or Cooper.

Reaction Score

We are in the UConn recruiting thread, and we are probably pushing it with so much SCar discussion.

Nevertheless . . . :rolleyes:

I want Cooper too but I don't see her as a team leader point guard type. I see her as an all round multiple purpose guard with a broad array of skills. Capable of point? Yes, but not a fulltimer there.

Raven is a pure point guard. Adding Fulwilley is definitely a goal as those two would be seperated by two years. Ideal.

Of course, we hear that UConn wants Fulwilley too. IDK because Geno always plays it close to the vest.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/22

Ayanna Patterson: 26 points

1/21

KK Bransford: 18 points

1/19

Ashlynn Shade: 43 points ( 16-19 FG, 3-3 3-PT ), 10 rebounds

Reaction Score
What big or wing or 2 guard would not want to come to UCONN when looking at what PG can do with her passing? Then you have what we have coming in next year...wow. Maybe some wings or guards back away but the bigs should be wanting to play with so many UCONN players that can pass the ball and spread the floor.

Reaction Score
What big or wing or 2 guard would not want to come to UCONN when looking at what PG can do with her passing? Then you have what we have coming in next year...wow. Maybe some wings or guards back away but the bigs should be wanting to play with so many UCONN players that can pass the ball and spread the floor.
What big or wing or 2 guard would want want to go to UConn at all? Yall are loaded at every position. It doesnt matter who your PG is, when you're at the end of the bench. How does the 2021 class inspire anyone to go to UConn next year lol?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul