2024 Recruiting: - Jakai Howard Update | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Jakai Howard Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don’t like hearing Memphis is our competition.

If NIL is the be all and end all to JH, then I suppose that is true. If the young man wants to win and develop further for the next level, Storrs is the move.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Anyone have any real info on whether or not we’re still in this recruitment?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Anyone have any real info on whether or not we’re still in this recruitment?
There’s a quote in the tweet saying we’re 1 of 2 schools with the best relationship.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
There’s a quote in the tweet saying we’re 1 of 2 schools with the best relationship.
My question is more, do we know when the quote is from or have any other recent quotes? It seems clear we were very much in the mix a few weeks ago but not super clear that we still are.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
My question is more, do we know when the quote is from or have any other recent quotes? It seems clear we were very much in the mix a few weeks ago but not super clear that we still are.
Unfortunately, nobody here knows anything.

Reaction Score
No idea where we stand here, and the Abraham announcement may make this one a meaningless announcement, but should have an idea where we stand when he makes those visits

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Unlikely. And I don't think the players would both come after the first commit anyway
It wouldn’t be a Ross Stewart situation?

I’d probably prefer Abraham anyways despite Howard’s absurd athleticism. Can’t believe they’re both ranked in the 60s.

Reaction Score
So chaotic. Making a decision in three weeks, hasn’t taken any visits, G League Ignite is on his unofficial list.
Thought he visited in June? Granted he never posted anything about it, but it was reported he was planning on it.

Reaction Score
Thought he visited in June? Granted he never posted anything about it, but it was reported he was planning on it.
Think he had an OV scheduled starting 6/20.. Following the previous week's OV of Abraham and Ngongba.. But the Howard visit was never verified by the Yard as having happened. Recent recruiting focus of the staff at Peach Jam sessions is very telling as well as the Edgecombe vibe.

Reaction Score
It wouldn’t be a Ross Stewart situation?

I’d probably prefer Abraham anyways despite Howard’s absurd athleticism. Can’t believe they’re both ranked in the 60s.
I don't think so, I think we'd want to keep the door open for Betsey who seems to be the top target. Betsey Abraham feels possible in the same way Ross and Stewart was since they have complementary skill sets

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I don't think so, I think we'd want to keep the door open for Betsey who seems to be the top target. Betsey Abraham feels possible in the same way Ross and Stewart was since they have complementary skill sets
Got it. I’m not confident it’ll happen but we’ll see. The coaching staff has no quit in them.

Abraham seems to have nice form on his jumpshot. Would love the idea of having 2 high flyers for Ahmad to run with. But it doesn’t seem likely on Howard’s side it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom