Jack the Giant Slayer | The Boneyard

Jack the Giant Slayer

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Given the film's box office performance (it lost about $125 million), I expected this movie to be really bad.

It was actually pretty good. Good plot with consistent internal logic to the characters and the world in which they live in (a problem with lots of fantasy or SciFi movies). All the plot twists are surprising but understandable within the world the movie takes place. The humor is well placed.

The acting was solid. McGregor is always good, but McShane and the two leads were good too. Tucci is always good, although he is a little old for the part in this movie. I think going with no names for Jack and Isabella was the right call. Isabella is cute without being ridiculously smoking hot, which makes the movie more credible.

This isn't an oscar-caliber movie, but it is not trying to be. It is just a well done, fun, action adventure. there are movies much, much worse than this that made a lot more money. So why was it such a flop? The only thing I can think of is that there is not a clear cut audience for this film. It is not gory and scary enough for adolescent boys but it is too violent for teenage girls. A fairy tale movie wouldn't really have much appeal to adults either. I guess. I don't know why this movie was such a flop.

Reaction Score
I fell asleep halfway through it. It wasn't a horrible movie but i think you'd have to be in the mood for it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom