J-E-T-S are amazing | The Boneyard

J-E-T-S are amazing

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't follow much NFL or the Jets, who were my team from the 60s to the 00s, but I just saw the replay on how they lost to the Raiders.

When I heard they lost with 5 seconds left I was thinking the Raiders hit a hail mary or a ladder play or something. Nope, basically a straight post play. LOL, who calls an all out blitz with 5 seconds left leaving wideouts in man-to-man?

The Jets certainly have a legacy of stupid plays in their history, but this immediately goes into the top three.

Reaction Score
Paraphrased from Adam Schefter:

The Jets sent 7 pass rushers on the game winning TD. They are the only team in our dataset (since 2006) to send 6+ pass rushers under the following circumstance:

1) Final 15 seconds of regulation
2) With a 4-8 pt lead (a one TD score)
3) 40+ yds to the end zone

There have been 251 plays to qualify there and they are the only team that rushed 6+.

Reaction Score
.25% chance that the Jets rush 6+, with a winless season on the line. That's impressive.

I expect some fine highlight reels for the Gase tenure, starting with his spazzed out press conference. Coaches really have become stupid.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Even more impressive was with all those rushers they got little pressure on QB and even allowed him to step up in to pocket to get the umph on that throw.

Reaction Score
After watching that play, who was crying more, Jets fans or Trevor Lawrence/Justin Fields. I wonder if whoever is drafted first woudl try to pull an Eli and get traded instead of playing for that dumpster fire. Oh, my family used to be a season ticket holder for the Jets, my Aunt must be screaming down from heaven.

Reaction Score
After watching that play, who was crying more, Jets fans or Trevor Lawrence/Justin Fields. I wonder if whoever is drafted first woudl try to pull an Eli and get traded instead of playing for that dumpster fire. Oh, my family used to be a season ticket holder for the Jets, my Aunt must be screaming down from heaven.
A lot of it hinges on who they bring in as head coach to replace Gase. If they were able to get Bill Cowher to come out of retirement as has been in the news the last few days, a guy like Trevor Lawerence may see an opportunity to be a franchise building block with a legendary coach leading the way.
That being said, the Jets will hire Matt Patricia, because well their the Jets and we can’t have nice things.

Reaction Score
A lot of it hinges on who they bring in as head coach to replace Gase. If they were able to get Bill Cowher to come out of retirement as has been in the news the last few days, a guy like Trevor Lawerence may see an opportunity to be a franchise building block with a legendary coach leading the way.
That being said, the Jets will hire Matt Patricia, because well their the Jets and we can’t have nice things.

Or they'll hire Marvin Lewis. That'd be so Jets.

Reaction Score
Should hire Bienemy I see him going to the Chargers though. I dont know why Cowher would want the Jets job already has a nice job with no stress working for CBS, been pretty far removed from the game.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
As a long time Pats fan, (Grogan to Morgan era and on) I've seen this and more... Moreover, after last night, I see a return to the mediocracy of the 90's soon, just the way the wheel turns. Watch this space and don't be surprised if the J-E-T-S save G-A-S-E's job in the last game (lone win?) of the season.
Oh, as an aside, this Pat's fan will miss reading the ranting of Mehta.

Reaction Score
As a long time Pats fan, (Grogan to Morgan era and on) I've seen this and more... Moreover, after last night, I see a return to the mediocracy of the 90's soon, just the way the wheel turns. Watch this space and don't be surprised if the J-E-T-S save G-A-S-E's job in the last game (lone win?) of the season.
Oh, as an aside, this Pat's fan will miss reading the ranting of Mehta.

1) Even if they won out the rest of the season, you really think there's a chance Gase's job can be saved??? He's a dead man walkin'.

2) Why does every Patriots fan feel the need to validate their manhood with the "since Grogan" stuff? I was born in 1967, grew up in CT and don't know a single Patriots fan from my entire grade school or high school experience and my HS had 1,400 students.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Since Plunkett. Both parents were blind, for cryin' out loud!

Reaction Score
2) Why does every Patriots fan feel the need to validate their manhood with the "since Grogan" stuff? I was born in 1967, grew up in CT and don't know a single Patriots fan from my entire grade school or high school experience and my HS had 1,400 students.
You answered your own question. I was the only Patriots fan I knew of at Fairfield Prep in the late 80s to early 90s. Didn't know any in Fairfield County before Brady came along.

Whatever the deal, the people of Connecticut are finally realizing that Connecticut is part of New England and not New York, though it was once part of the New Netherlands.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jamal Adams even feels bad for Jets fans. No one felt bad for Patriots fans when the Patriots sucked.

Heck, there was talk of relocation. Who the heck takes the only team in New England out of New England in a very strongly established national professional league? Obviously, Kraft saw to that and made out. Even getting off with prostitutes nowadays.

Reaction Score
The Jets are so bad, fantasy teams are fighting over the defense that is playing them each weekend, no matter which team it is.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score

Have you considered that:
Your experience is a sample size of 1. Your "N" is inadequate to extrapolate.
You are an insufferable pr1ck who is also a J-E-T-S fan. You are inadequate, no one wants to know you or be around you.
Hence you know no Patriot fans from before Brady (or Eason or Bledsoe) because you are blind, deaf, ugly, and have no friends.
(My HS had 2100 students, no idea if any of us followed football like we do today. I admit running away from H.S. and never returning nor engaging any of them)

Reaction Score
Have you considered that:
Your experience is a sample size of 1. Your "N" is inadequate to extrapolate.
You are an insufferable pr1ck who is also a J-E-T-S fan. You are inadequate, no one wants to know you or be around you.
Hence you know no Patriot fans from before Brady (or Eason or Bledsoe) because you are blind, deaf, ugly, and have no friends.
(My HS had 2100 students, no idea if any of us followed football like we do today. I admit running away from H.S. and never returning nor engaging any of them)

Thanks for the personal insults. Way to make my argument for me. Happy Holidays.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Did I tell ya I drank with Fireman Ed last summer?

Reaction Score
Sam Darnold might finally be coming around. Too bad Trevor Lawrence will be spending his career in Jacksonville now. Trevor Lawrence stated that he'd have gone to the Jets, too! Oh man. He'll be making trips home in the AFC South.

Are the Jaguars even moving to London anymore?!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I contend today was the lowest point in Jets history, behind only Belichick leaving for the Pats and Mo Lewis knocking out Drew Bledsoe.

For a franchise with such a horrific history, you need someone special to rescue it. The Chargers let Brees go and the Dolphins passed on him. Brady is Brady. Mahomes seems to have done it to the Chiefs. Herbert might with the Chargers.

Darnold isn't the guy. Lawrence is. I am miserable right now.

Reaction Score
Based on spreads, this game is the second biggest upset in Jets history, with only Super Bowl II being bigger. What a day in Jets history.

Looks like Jags fans are more concerned with the franchise moving than drafting Lawrence.

Reaction Score
Could it be that Gregg Williams was the man who held the Jets back the most this season? Jets would have looked really bad ending the career of a probable HOF RB, Frank Gore, with a winless season. That's a big reason why the Jets won the last 2 games. Epic turnaround from the loss against the Raiders. Might even beat the Cam Newton-led Patriots.

Reaction Score
I, for one, am tired of hearing about and watching Frank Gore. I don't care if he ended his career on a winless team. I have hated seeing his 3 yards and a cloud of dust being the centerpiece of our offense all season.

I just hope that the last 2-3 games don't make the Jets keep Darnold. I want this disaster burned to the ground and started all over (again).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom