It's Official: Shea Ralph Named Vanderbilt Coach | Page 6 | The Boneyard

It's Official: Shea Ralph Named Vanderbilt Coach

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Sadly yes. Azzi too. In fact, the entire Uconn team will be transferring to Vanderbilt. Not Dorka though; she doesn't know Shea.
I'm now worried that Dorka will not have enough teammates with which to practice. She may have to do a Stewie and Tweet for walkons.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Guess that confirms what we thought about Shea's sudden departure from the tourney, except it was Vandy not Oklahoma.
Timing doesn't quite work out?

March 5th - Tennessean reports White will return for 6th season
March 21 - women's tourney begins
(unclear when Shea left the bubble)
March 28th - Geno confirms Shea cannot return to the tourney bubble
April 6th - ESPN reports White has been fired

Reaction Score
Timing doesn't quite work out?

March 5th - Tennessean reports White will return for 6th season
March 21 - women's tourney begins
(unclear when Shea left the bubble)
March 28th - Geno confirms Shea cannot return to the tourney bubble
April 6th - ESPN reports White has been fired
Team arrived in San Antonio on March 16th, and UConn's press release announcing Shea had left the bubble was put out the next day.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
If you're afraid of players or parents, then head coaching is probably not the right job.
Shea won't take any crap. If her style reflects UConns style, it will give the SEC fits.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hmm. If this all does happen, they will need a guards position coach.

Could they pull Nykesha Sales out of Florida and away from the beat em up coach at UCF?

There is also a former Husky coaching a pretty good highschool team in Connecticut by the name of Maria.

Those are options I'll throw out.
Last time I looked she owned a real estate business which she did not forgo in order to coach.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
NS! do people really think he stays at UMass L??? If she takes the vandy job??

How about Tamika Wilkiams as asst. If Shea leaves?? She is only 40 w 10yrs. Big time Asst experience @ Ohio st., KS, KY and now Penn st.
Need someone to coach the guards, Jen would be a better fit than Tamika.

Reaction Score
IMO, I think we need to go outside the program and younger, way younger.
We did that in 2018, and 18 months later Jamelle replaced that way younger from outside the program coach.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Losing Shea will be a huge loss on the recruiting front. Somehow I don’t see Geno, CD, or jamell all that interested in spending their summers on the AAU circuit. Hopefully they find a young energetic coach. This will really hurt recruiting.
And just how do you think they've been spending their summers?

Once again, the ratio of verbosity to actual knowledge on this thread is very, very high.

Reaction Score
And just how do you think they've been spending their summers?

Once again, the ratio of verbosity to actual knowledge on this thread is very, very high.
If you actually believe Geno and CD spend their summers on the AAU circuit then you’re delusional. That’s what the assistant coaches do. Geno and CD are the closers. The assistant do the leg work while Geno is at his beach house on the NJ shore.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Agree with Magruber on Dee and California, Did not Sue recently purchase a home in Greenwich?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If you actually believe Geno and CD spend their summers on the AAU circuit then you’re delusional. That’s what the assistant coaches do. Geno and CD are the closers. The assistant do the leg work while Geno is at his beach house on the NJ shore.
Geno, as well as his assistants, frequently attend AAU tournaments to check out recruits. There are quite a few photos lying around of Geno at these events. I’m sure he enjoys the summer and we know he plays a lot of golf, but UConn isn’t paying him a 7 figure salary to work only 6 months a year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought Geno prefers summers in Niantic over the Jersey shore these days?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom