It's official. Patrick Mahomes is a space alien. | The Boneyard

It's official. Patrick Mahomes is a space alien.

Reaction Score
I don't think that is overstating it. The guy makes throws that other QBs simply cannot. For years we have heard, that a QB rolling out cannot throw against his body back over the middle. When Mahomes does it, he hits a receiver for a first down. As a kid, I watched YA Title throw seven TDs in a game. I would not be surprised if PM threw for eight, nine or ten. I hope to God that younger folks can appreciate what they are seeing. Long, short, middle, overhand, sidearm, underhand, left moving right, right moving left, it is astounding. He ain't prefect, he wasn't born 2000 years ago, he misses some throws. But this is something different. After analyzing what I have seen for the past couple of years there is only one reasonable explanation for what is happening before my eyes --space alien.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I don't think that is overstating it. The guy makes throws that other QBs simply cannot. For years we have heard, that a QB rolling out cannot throw against his body back over the middle. When Mahomes does it, he hits a receiver for a first down. As a kid, I watched YA Title throw seven TDs in a game. I would not be surprised if PM threw for eight, nine or ten. I hope to God that younger folks can appreciate what they are seeing. Long, short, middle, overhand, sidearm, underhand, left moving right, right moving left, it is astounding. He ain't prefect, he wasn't born 2000 years ago, he misses some throws. But this is something different. After analyzing what I have seen for the past couple of years there is only one reasonable explanation for what is happening before my eyes --space alien.

True football fans marvel and respect what he’s doing. He makes “accurate” throws across his body, and can lay a touch pass just over a defender’s reach 50 yards down field. He can also beat you with his legs. He’ll never be as fast or elusive as Michael Vick, Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray, but when he leaves the pocket, he usually moves the chains. He seldom takes big hits.

The interesting thing about Mahomes is he’s not as good this year as he’ll be 2-3 years. The front office realizes what they have and moved quickly to lock him up for the next 12 years. Mahomes will never be cheaper than he is right now.

KC can keep this juggernaut rolling as long as they don’t get greedy, and keep the core unit together. KC made it look easy last night against one of the league’s better teams.

Their defense threw a blanket over Jackson, and only allowed 14 points. Special teams gave up a score. Mahomes did not get sacked once. Every time the Ravens tried to blitz him, they got burned. Don’t think others team’s coaches were not watching.

This version of the KC Chiefs is going to be tough to beat IF the core players can stay healthy, especially and on the field. They sure are fun to watch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not a KC fan, but I rely like Mahomes. He does everything really well and seems like an overall really likeable person. Plus he's also a Mets fan so that's a win in my book.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom