It's a Brave New World in WBB | Page 4 | The Boneyard

It's a Brave New World in WBB

Reaction Score
For all who are raving about Dorka, she is not the bruising post player that some here want.. She is athletic and mobile.
For me it's less about bruising and more about successful finishes around the rim and a taste for going after rebounds.

Reaction Score
Interesting analysis. I don’t necessarily believe that Bigs must be able to shoot 3’s in my Brave New World. But they need to be athletic and consistently be able to hit an open 15’+ jump shot. For that reason I would not include Cox in with Boston & Cunane. Cox consistently makes that shot. In addition, according to Kim Mulkey, Cox was athletic enough to guard any player on the court.

As for Jordan not dominating games like Russell, Chamberlain or Jabbar. Maybe not. But that’s actually the point. If you’re going to spread the floor and shoot the 3, everyone on the team has to contribute.

In another post on this thread I indicate that Bigs will always be around but they will become more athletic with more versatile skill sets. Jabbar was more versatile than Chamberlain. Olajuwon was more versatile than Jabbar. Durant is more versatile than Olajuwon. They are all NBA champions, but in different eras.

The 3pt shot has changed the game. It's simple math. A player that shoots 4-10 from 2 scores 8 points. A player that shoots 4-10 from 3 scores 12 points. If anyone wants to ignore math then so be it. But it is what it is.

And in regards to Chamberlain vs Jordan - just go on basketball reference and see how Chamberlain did at the ft line in the playoffs. He shot 46.5% for his career in the playoffs from the ft line. Now just think we have that same 4-10 3pt point scorers vs that 46.5% ft shooter that you can foul late in games. Who are you taking?

Overall I'm taking the 3pt scorer that can also score efficiently from 2 as well. So while it is great to have that beast in the low post give me a player like Stewart and her senior year any day in which she shot 62.5% from 2 and had an EFG% of 63.9% from 3 and shot 83.6% from the ft line. That's your new era. And I think that's what you're initial post was suggesting.

A "big" player that isn't just limited with being just great from inside or just great from outside. As husky fans we've been very fortunate. And with our own eyes we can see the evolution as you have so successfully pointed out. There is always a resistance to change but it's coming more and more for sure. .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Until he loses too many recruits. Then the narrative will shift to becoming more "inclusive".
Geno's not against tats, he (or CD) just wants them covered during games. If a player can't go two hours with a covered tat, then they probably don't have the discipline to play UConn basketball, so it's no loss to Geno.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom