IT: Cordless Electric Lawn tools | Page 2 | The Boneyard

IT: Cordless Electric Lawn tools

Reaction Score
I’m looking to get a battery powered weed-eater and am wondering if anyone had suggestions. I hate the gas/oil ones but I don’t want to deal with a ginormous extension cord.

This would be my first battery powered outdoor tool & it seems to be the trend - I might one day get a lawn mower and maybe some other items (assuming they get hardier).

It seems you need to pick a brand and stick with it or else you’ll end up with different batteries/chargers for each item and that something I’d like to avoid.

Reaction Score
@Tenspro2002 Do cordless electric mowers have self propelled options? I think thats a big sell for gas mowers, especially if you don't have a level lawn.

I like the idea of one though. Glad yours worked out for you.
Yes, it includes self propel.

Of course, self-propel chews battery faster, so there's a tradeoff. I engage it on the few uphill parts.

Reaction Score
Milwaukee all the way. Bought my wife the 18v weed wacker, edger and chainsaw for mothers day ( she asked for these, amazing wife). 3/5 year warranty on all milwaukee tools including the batteries. They always have promotional package deals on this stuff. I use all milwaukee tools in my marine electronics business (40 years and counting) after trying Bosch, Makita, Dewalt ( ryobi is very light duty home owner grade stuff) and wouldnt use anything else. Home Depot, CPO, Tool nut, Toolup are a few of the online authorized dealers and make sure you stay away from Ebay, they sell knockoff batteries (junk) and they can't warranty the tools. The 18volt 12AH batteries are incredible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline
Top Bottom