Is UConn Now The Favorite To Win The Big East Tournament In its First Year Back In The Conference? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is UConn Now The Favorite To Win The Big East Tournament In its First Year Back In The Conference?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
My site just posted odds. Has us 2nd favorite behind Creighton, with essentially the same price, and has Nova 3rd.
Creighton +160
UConn +180
Nova +300

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The Athletic posted a Big East Tournament preview and they showed the Bet MGM odds, which listed us as 4th most likely to win the tournament behind Nova, Creighton, and Xavier, in that order.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The Athletic posted a Big East Tournament preview and they showed the Bet MGM odds, which listed us as 4th most likely to win the tournament behind Nova, Creighton, and Xavier, in that order.
Whaaat? My site basically has us tied with Creighton as faves. What are the prices? Ultimately, someone can say anyone is the favorite. The only sources that matter are the ones actually taking action on it.

Reaction Score
Interesting. That is radically different than other oddsmakers' predictions posted here.

Reaction Score
1615308659946.png

from Big East Tournament Preview: Bracket Opens Up With Villanova Injuries

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing. I'm guessing the Athletic got hold of odds from a week ago or so, maybe even right after Xavier beat Creighton?
Makes sense. If the odds you cited were accurate, I was going to suggest we all go over there and bet the house on UConn!

Reaction Score
Another nod for the Huskies from the Boston Globe. Starting to scare me. We're so doooomed.

BIG EAST

at New York (Wednesday-Saturday)

Favorite
: Villanova. The Wildcats are once again atop the league, but they have serious injury problems, with both point guards, Collin Gillespie and Justin Moore, out. They will have to rely on defense and sleek forward Jeremiah Robinson-Earl.

Contenders: Creighton, Seton Hall, Connecticut, Xavier. Creighton has had problems, too, with coach Greg McDermott suspended — and reinstated on Monday — for using insensitive, racist-tinged remarks while addressing his team. The Bluejays will have to separate that from their on-court performance and rally behind guard Marcus Zegarowski (who’s from Hamilton).

Long shot: Marquette. The Fightin’ McGuires have some interesting talent, especially freshman Dawson Garcia, plus they are in Villanova’s bracket.

Prediction: UConn. The Huskies have finished the season strongly and jumped up a level when star guard James Bouknight returned from injury.

Reaction Score
Another nod for the Huskies from the Boston Globe. Starting to scare me. We're so doooomed.

BIG EAST

at New York (Wednesday-Saturday)

Favorite
: Villanova. The Wildcats are once again atop the league, but they have serious injury problems, with both point guards, Collin Gillespie and Justin Moore, out. They will have to rely on defense and sleek forward Jeremiah Robinson-Earl.

Contenders: Creighton, Seton Hall, Connecticut, Xavier. Creighton has had problems, too, with coach Greg McDermott suspended — and reinstated on Monday — for using insensitive, racist-tinged remarks while addressing his team. The Bluejays will have to separate that from their on-court performance and rally behind guard Marcus Zegarowski (who’s from Hamilton).

Long shot: Marquette. The Fightin’ McGuires have some interesting talent, especially freshman Dawson Garcia, plus they are in Villanova’s bracket.

Prediction: UConn. The Huskies have finished the season strongly and jumped up a level when star guard James Bouknight returned from injury.

Oh this just sucks!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
We are now the favorite on my site.
UConn +150
Creighton +160
Nova +300

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors