Is UConn hockey shut down? | The Boneyard

Is UConn hockey shut down?

Reaction Score
Is Hockey East shut down? I know they shut down their tournament. But I think that HE wants to play but hasn't decided? If they play is UConn still shut down? Most sports have been delayed but many leagues are now playing numerous sports .

Reaction Score
Is Hockey East shut down? I know they shut down their tournament. But I think that HE wants to play but hasn't decided? If they play is UConn still shut down? Most sports have been delayed but many leagues are now playing numerous sports .

Stuff I have seen written on this recently suggests that the college hockey season might start around the same time as the college basketball season with a current projection of late November. We'll see about that, but here's one article that was posted on the subject coming from one Hockey East school.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stuff I have seen written on this recently suggests that the college hockey season might start around the same time as the college basketball season with a current projection of late November. We'll see about that, but here's one article that was posted on the subject coming from one Hockey East school.
Good find. Thanks.

Reaction Score
No one exactly knows what’s set to happen. Things can change in an instant due to changes in circumstance (if there’s a fall-winter spike in the Northeast or Great Lakes states, for instance), so even the best laid plans can disappear like a fart in the wind.

Right now I’m expecting league-only or league plus two scheduling (“plus two” because I do not expect the schools involved to let the Beanpot or the GLI miss a year unless absolutely unavoidable) hockey wide. Everyone is on track with playing as long as it’s safe (and the leagues themselves are speaking with each other even if the ultimate decision comes from each league individually), and conference only is probably the safest way to go about it.

Hockey East wise, I’m projecting a reduction to 20 league games, and temporarily not doing home and homes (yeah it’s not too long to most places in league but it’s a good idea to minimize travel anyway).

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I wonder if they also have UNH/Vermont/Maine/Lowell play each other more often to futher reduce travel/help out Maine a bit.

Would love to get 2 OOC's in. Would hate to go a year without losing to an AHA team as per tradition. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom