Is This The Worst Top 10 List in the History of College BBall? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is This The Worst Top 10 List in the History of College BBall?

Reaction Score
2021 Baylor and 2018 Nova are the only two I wouldn't be 100% confident in beating. Those teams were so lethal from 3 and had zero weaknesses. The rest of the teams on there, yeah I'll take 2004 UConn over them
Nah. Every team has a weakness. UC04 beats both those teams by double digits. I think Nova`18 gives us the better game but they better be hot from 3 and not missing a thing because if they do its two going the other way because neither one of those teams is outrebounding UC04 and they will have trouble attacking the basket. Also i forgot to mention one of the greatest coaches and gameplanners in the games history will be on our sideline.

Reaction Score
Nah. Every team has a weakness. UC04 beats both those teams by double digits. I think Nova`18 gives us the better game but they better be hot from 3 and not missing a thing because if they do its two going the other way because neither one of those teams is outrebounding UC04 and they will have trouble attacking the basket. Also i forgot to mention one of the greatest coaches and gameplanners in the games history will be on our sideline.
very true about Calhoun's game planning. In some ways he was ahead of his time as his really good or great UConn teams, committed to defense (the 2006 was not committed to defense), knew how to defend the 5 out and 4 out/1 in offenses (99 Gonzaga, 2004 Vanderbilt) well. UConn 2004 could also play the 4 out/1 in offense as well with OK4 in the center, Villanueva, Brown, Anderson, and Gordon, which they did at certain points in many games.

Reaction Score
It seems like mostly just KenPom end of season numbers. In fact I think that's exactly what it is. Seems kinda wild to attribute definitive accuracy to someone else's model and then not even reference them.
I guess Pomeroy would have to weigh in, but I'm not sure that ratings from one season are necessarily comparable to other seasons. A lot of statistical systems like Massey and Sagarin compare teams and results from their season to one another. Those rankings would be relative to the other teams that played that season, not any other season. Pomeroy's system is different, but I still think it has roots in comparisons between common results in the season.

Reaction Score
Nova ‘18 thrashed everyone and seems underrated in this. Bridges, Brunson, Di Vincenzo, spellman, paschal, hart Played in the NBA And Gillespie likely will. But, I am biased

Reaction Score
2004 squad made Jay Bilas top 5

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom