Is This A Good-Bye From Morgan Tuck? | The Boneyard

Is This A Good-Bye From Morgan Tuck?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Tuck was healthy this year. She’s leaving the Sun, not the WNBA. I bet she signs with another team.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think you are stretching to read it that way. Of course it's possible that she won't be with the Sun next year, but this tweet does not make that more or less likely than it was previously.

Sooner or later, Alyssa Thomas will have to get her shoulders fixed. If that happens next summer or shortly before that, it will give Morgan a chance to break into the starting lineup.

Note that the 2019 season was the first one in a long time in which Morgan did not lose any time to injuries.

Reaction Score
It seems like she might know who’s leaving, but it doesn’t seem like she’s saying anything about herself leaving.

Reaction Score

Or it simply could mean that she has played for four seasons... that the team came close to winning it all, and that she was really close to this team and knows that next years team will be different.... I think people read into things too much to create drama because they are bored. Until she says something directly about her future it would be a good idea to stop dreaming up different possibilities just to cause hysteria.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think Morgan played well enough to earn a roster spot next year, although unless you're a starter, you can't take your roster spot for granted. You never know what goes on in the minds of these GMs. Every year there are draft picks, undrafted players, free agents that are on a "camp" contract trying to take your spot.

Perhaps she was informed by the club that her contract will not be renewed, or as suggested, she's simply saying goodbye to THIS team ("this team will always hold a special place in my heart") because there will be new players on the roster next year, and maybe a player or two that she was close to won't return. They came very very close to winning the championship.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
How long are rookie contracts, and when do players reach free agency?
The answer is a bit complicated, but most rookie contracts are for 3 or 4 years. Most first-round picks become restricted free agents after 4 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom