Is there a “nice” restaurant in Storrs? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Is there a “nice” restaurant in Storrs?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
so.... where'd ya go?
Ted’s before the game so I could smell like body odor and urine, then headed back to Hartford area for food. Got stuck in about 45 min worth of traffic leaving Storrs.

Still had fun tho.

Reaction Score
Ted’s before the game so I could smell like body odor and urine, then headed back to Hartford area for food. Got stuck in about 45 min worth of traffic leaving Storrs.

Still had fun tho.
where in Hartford?

Reaction Score
Stone Row Kitchen and Bar in Willimantic is pretty good and may be your best bet.
I have never been to Stone Row under that name. But I used to go to Cafemantic which relaunched as Stone Row Kitchen. I was always impressed by their mix of entrees which encouraged sharing among your dinner party.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I did the Chowder Pot in Hartford because they're closing, figured it would be our last time

The place was packed at 3:30, with a long wait when we left. Looked like their good ole days

We learned they're closing their doors 3/25/23

Reaction Score
I did the Chowder Pot in Hartford because they're closing, figured it would be our last time

The place was packed at 3:30, with a long wait when we left. Looked like their good ole days

We learned they're closing their doors 3/25/23
That spot has good memories for me. My buddies and I met multiple times each year to celebrate each other's birthdays, from Valle's to Hilltop to Chowder Pot. My wife and I loved their bread and seafood as well.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
so.... where'd ya go?
Was just coming back to post here and recap the weekend actually.

Our flight wound up being delayed nearly 2 hours on Thursday and we didn’t wind up getting to campus until close to 9. Original plan was to go to Willibrew on Thursday night but with the delay in travel logistics we wound up just going to Teds and getting the chicken philly and chicken lip grinders with fries. Fries kicked total ass (got one curly and one regular) and the sandwiches weren’t bad either. Decent experience- however I’d forgotten that you have to pay cover to get in. I was shocked at how dead it was, even when we left around 10:30 it wasn’t really crowded inside.

Friday we had breakfast at the Trophy Room at The Graduate hotel- food was actually great. Really was pleasantly surprised by Trophy Room, we wound up getting night caps there both nights as well.

For lunch on Friday and Saturday we went to Dog Lane Cafe- this wound up being perfect. They have great soups/salads/sandwiches and we worked from there on Friday afternoon, sticking around long enough to get coffees before heading back to the hotel and dropping our stuff.

We wound up going to the Women’s hockey game on Friday night and just grabbed some popcorn and whatnot at the game. Went to Teds again until like 11pm or so and when it finally started to fill up I picked up Wings Over like I was 19 again and we went back to the hotel.

Before leaving on Saturday, we went to Dog Lane again and grabbed lunch. Hit the Dairy Bar on the way out and then made our way to New Haven to try the Big 3 pizza places on Saturday night before hitting the Sherwood Diner (owner is a friend) yesterday AM and heading home.

Overall was a good experience- Dog Lane and Trophy Room aren’t “upscale” but we weren’t really looking for that- they both fit the “nice” criteria we were looking for. Clean, good food with various options, and food served on real plates with real cups that wasn’t fried. We had a blast and are looking forward to going back again next year- will be at The Rent in the Fall for sure and would like to make my way to Gampel again in the Winter/Spring if possible as well.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
If anyone is going to campus for a game - Square Peg Pizza has a new place in Storrs Village now, next to Dog Lane Cafe. Tried it recently, good spot for dinner. Excellent pizza (plus a wider menu), full bar and decent draft beer selection, though a bit IPA-heavy. Wouldn't call it fancy but a step up from most pizza places.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom