Is the Patriots dynasty over? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is the Patriots dynasty over?

Reaction Score
Belichick can do fine without Brady. Brady won because of Belichick. Don't know why or how this became a battle of egos. My guess is it started with Belichick's ego being hurt. Brady was also a great QB during his run. In a way, keeping him for 6 Super Bowl wins does add to his "mystique" as a player, as opposed to being traded. But have to wonder if he really still has it in his arm. It's not as if the last Super Bowl vs the Rams was high scoring.

Belichick probably thinks he's a bigger star in his own mind than Brady thinks of himself. Giselle keeps Brady a little more humble, I suppose.

Belichick went 11-5 with Matt Cassell, went 3-1 with Garrapolo and Brissett, got Cassell, Jimmy G and Jacoby paid, even Hoyer who was undrafted.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Giants fans don’t sweat the Patriots.

Well, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Unfortunately for the Pats, they were playing both those times. But can't argue with you on results!

Reaction Score
As 1. A fan of an NFC team and 2. an NFC team which sucks I never really got wound up over the Patriots. And since I live in Germany I don't have to deal with the band wagoners.

That being said, what NE did the last 2 decades is remarkable, especially since it is in the Salary Cap era. I don't think we will see another perfect storm like it but I think it's over.

However, I will miss all of the other fans lose their minds over the Patriots success; that was sure fun to watch.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Brady isnt coming back to the Pats if they dont get a big time receiver maybe they get AJ Brown, or even Antonio Brown or both, Brady will tell the Pats I'm giving you a chance here,get me weapons like real weapons or ill go somewhere else with weapons.
Lol. AJ Brown? You mean the rookie who has dominated for Tennessee's rejuvenated offense, that has allowed Derrick Henry to run wild because teams need to respect the pass now and not stack the box? That AJ Brown? Come on....

I think TB signs with the Pats for his final season. He says he wants to play until 45, he's 43. Why finish your career with a different team when you are forever linked with the Pats. You have two years, if you want. If you don't want to, retire. He's had a hell of a run.

I hate the Pats and cheer everytime Brady gets crushed. However, you can't ignore greatness, and while I am throwing up in my mouth a bit typing this, Brady is one of, if not the, greatest. The only solace is that my Giants beat him twice in the Super Bowl, once ending their perfect run!

Reaction Score
Ok.....jets fan here...so I am biased...but...is this the end of the Patriots dynasty? Is Brady finally too old? Is the hoodie just another coach? Does Kraft only have happy endings off the field?

I will admit I respect the hell out of what the Patriots have done.....but is this finally the end?
Can’t help but wonder whether Gronk would have made a difference and whether his absence is missed far more than ever expected. (He made some unbelievable receptions and was a favorite Brady target. He seems to be more than happy to be out of the football grind!)

Reaction Score
Is the Patriots' dynasty over? I hope so.. It's time for them to get a taste of what my Cowboys are going thru.. frustration... year in and year out for a few decades... take a break from winning.... at the same time, not realizing EVERY team doesn't want to ever see you win anything again...

(Hoping McCarthy can get his freedom under the big coach Jerry Jones to bring my Cowboys back to life)....

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Really disappointed for not getting a like for the Kraft happy endings line.

But I agree...I think we finally have entered a new era.

If the line hasn't been used by hundreds of comedians and then sports show hosts, it would merit a like!!

Not sure if the Patriot era is over. It depends with what the GMen do with their HC job (a Belichick hire is still possible).
I really doubt that Brady will go to another team. Rumors last year had him going to a California based team but they just sold their biggest California home and bought one in Greenwich.
The Pats and the Belichick/Brady era is one to be in awe of and something that may never occur again - in any sport.
As a Giant fan I would love BB to be the new coach.

Reaction Score
Giants fans don’t sweat the Patriots.

Do you believe Cuse fans when they say they don’t sweat UCONN?? Ya me neither.

4 > 1 but apparently 6 = 4

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

The Giants have to worry about winning the NFC. It doesn't matter what the Patriots are doing, and if the 2 should meet in the Super Bowl, how's that working out for ya?

Reaction Score
Lol. AJ Brown? You mean the rookie who has dominated for Tennessee's rejuvenated offense, that has allowed Derrick Henry to run wild because teams need to respect the pass now and not stack the box? That AJ Brown? Come on....

I think TB signs with the Pats for his final season. He says he wants to play until 45, he's 43. Why finish your career with a different team when you are forever linked with the Pats. You have two years, if you want. If you don't want to, retire. He's had a hell of a run.

I hate the Pats and cheer everytime Brady gets crushed. However, you can't ignore greatness, and while I am throwing up in my mouth a bit typing this, Brady is one of, if not the, greatest. The only solace is that my Giants beat him twice in the Super Bowl, once ending their perfect run!

I meant to say AJ Green lol. I think Brady comes back for the Pats too, but will drag out the FA process.

Reaction Score

Someones a little defensive.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Patriots' Dynasty is quite possibly over. How can anyone who has been paying attention believe there is not a possibility? On the other hand, A proverb oft attributed to Dr. Seuss applies quite nicely. "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

Both Brady and Belichick had a major hand in the Patriots' success over the last 20 years and I personally couldn't care less who would be more successful without the other. Not only is it moot (Brady will be 43 next season and just recently past his prime, let alone six years past the prime of anyone who had ever played in the NFL before him), they have (had) very different jobs.

Brady could read a defense. No doubt, but I do doubt he was prominent in defensive meetings and he would probably have a hard time creating a defensive game plan. Belichick oversaw the game from the sideline, but he did not throw a single ball or gain a single yard on the field in an NFL game.

Reaction Score
Can’t help but wonder whether Gronk would have made a difference and whether his absence is missed far more than ever expected. (He made some unbelievable receptions and was a favorite Brady target. He seems to be more than happy to be out of the football grind!)
I think Gronk was a huge loss, not only as a target, but also a run blocker and pass protection.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Fact: Fans and the media hate a dynasty.

But if it your team as the dynasty, you're perfectly happy. Sound familiar Cowboy fans?

Reaction Score
I am calling it now.

Bill Belichick goes to the Giants as the head coach.

Brady stays with McDaniel as the head coach

FWIW: Charlie Weiss agrees with you on this exact scenario. Was discussing on his A.M. drive show with Bob Papa on Sirius-XM. Said that Belichik has fondness for the Giants organization & would skip in a heartbeat if asked. Called it a "win-win-win" situation for all sides.

Reaction Score
Reminded me of Favre in I think one of his last games. I think he did something roughly as bad and ugly.

I was at Favre's last game as a Packer - in the playoffs against the Giants - INT in OT. Of course at that point I didn't care because I was more worried about freezing to death and just wanted the game to end.

His last season was garbage - but his 2nd to last season was his best TD/INT ratio and nearly took the Vikings to the Super Bowl - which he probably would have if he hadn't been beaten to near death by the Saints.

Reaction Score
If the line hasn't been used by hundreds of comedians and then sports show hosts, it would merit a like!!

Not sure if the Patriot era is over. It depends with what the GMen do with their HC job (a Belichick hire is still possible).
I really doubt that Brady will go to another team. Rumors last year had him going to a California based team but they just sold their biggest California home and bought one in Greenwich.
The Pats and the Belichick/Brady era is one to be in awe of and something that may never occur again - in any sport.
As a Giant fan I would love BB to be the new coach.
Have you seen what NE is poised to lose, both players, and coaches/front office types? Kraft may be the only one left.

Reaction Score
As my avatar explains I am a Steeler fan. As such I can appreciate the similarities between the Patriots and the Steelers and they begin at the top. While Kraft appears to be involved in several day to day decisions with the Pats he appears to have a hands off policy when it comes to personnel and any on field activities. And there are constants in coaching. As a result you may see the Pats dip slightly now and then but for the most part they are usually going to be in the mix for playoff spots. And for those who think that the team will sink without Tom Brady I would suggest you check the won-lost record of the Pats when Brady is out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom