Is the Patriots dynasty over? | The Boneyard

Is the Patriots dynasty over?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Ok.....jets fan here...so I am biased...but...is this the end of the Patriots dynasty? Is Brady finally too old? Is the hoodie just another coach? Does Kraft only have happy endings off the field?

I will admit I respect the hell out of what the Patriots have done.....but is this finally the end?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I hope so. I was eating lunch in Simsbury at Plan B and at least 3 men in their 30's were there, separately, wearing Brady jerseys. I think TB plays one more season with diminishing returns, and then the bandwagon really starts to hit the wall.

I do respect all the success, however, and watch most of their games out of some weird NE sense of obligation (I'm a Giants fan).

Reaction Score
Belichick doesn’t look so smart when the team lacks decent receivers and a crappy oline. He was out to prove to Kraft he could win with D and no Brady to solidify his legacy as the best coach of all time. But, he proved he’s not so great as he thinks stripping the offense.

Reaction Score
Belichick doesn’t look so smart when the team lacks decent receivers and a crappy oline. He was out to prove to Kraft he could win with D and no Brady to solidify his legacy as the best coach of all time. But, he proved he’s not so great as he thinks stripping the offense.

Even so Pats had so many opportunities Edelman dropping catches he usually makes, not punching it in on the 1, and couldn't stop Tannehill on a 3 and 9, of course it would have been really ugly next week in KC anyways. Turns out the team needed Antonio Brown after all when the talk was they didnt need him.

Reaction Score
I hope so. I was eating lunch in Simsbury at Plan B and at least 3 men in their 30's were there, separately, wearing Brady jerseys. I think TB plays one more season with diminishing returns, and then the bandwagon really starts to hit the wall.

I do respect all the success, however, and watch most of their games out of some weird NE sense of obligation (I'm a Giants fan).

Brady isnt coming back to the Pats if they dont get a big time receiver maybe they get AJ Brown, or even Antonio Brown or both, Brady will tell the Pats I'm giving you a chance here,get me weapons like real weapons or ill go somewhere else with weapons.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Really disappointed for not getting a like for the Kraft happy endings line.

But I agree...I think we finally have entered a new era.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am calling it now.

Bill Belichick goes to the Giants as the head coach.

Brady stays with McDaniel as the head coach

Reaction Score
Even so Pats had so many opportunities Edelman dropping catches he usually makes, not punching it in on the 1, and couldn't stop Tannehill on a 3 and 9, of course it would have been really ugly next week in KC anyways. Turns out the team needed Antonio Brown after all when the talk was they didnt need him.

Not scoring after the Tannehill interception was probably the most non Patriots thing ever. Those are the types of situations they have thrived on over the years and they just couldn't do it. The clearly need receivers, and the o line was not up to their level for sure. Between that, Brady possibly being done, and at least one other team in their division finally showing a pulse after all these years, it's not unreasonable to think that their run is ending. It should be one interesting offseason for them to say the least.

Reaction Score
Sat Butler in the Super Bowl to let Brady prove himself. Sometimes, Belichick's arrogance is pathetic comedy.

Kraft should have traded Brady, too, and kept Garappolo. Tiring to be a "fan" of the decisions of inflated egos.

As Mark Sanchez put it, the Patriots were who they were because they sought to exploit every competitive edge.

Reaction Score
It’s definitely over. But it was quite the run. Just wondering what team the insufferable patriots bandwagon fans will jump too.

Reaction Score
It’s definitely over. But it was quite the run. Just wondering what team the insufferable patriots bandwagon fans will jump too.
New England's Team, of course.

1578233584521.png

Reaction Score
Tom Brady's final pass. Pick Six.

Don’t think it will be his final pass. As much as I dislike the organization, Brady truly had no one to throw too other than Edelman. Would be a mistake for Pats to let Brady walk, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Yes. They had a chance this yr if they kept AB and Flash. But it's over now. What a run

Reaction Score
Don’t think it will be his final pass. As much as I dislike the organization, Brady truly had no one to throw too other than Edelman. Would be a mistake for Pats to let Brady walk, in my opinion.
Well they can’t help if Brady walks; he’s a free agent. If you mean it’d be a mistake for them to not go all in on getting him pieces to work with that’s a different point.

idk if I agree with it. AB had one okay game against the worst defense in the league, in like the second game of the year. So much of Brady, due to his loss of athleticism, is his timing and trust with his receivers. I don’t think the Pats have gone through dozens of WRs over the last couple seasons because none of the guys had any hands. It’s a hard system to learn and a demanding QB. How long does it take to develop Brady-Edelman trust? How does that period of necessary time line up with Brady’s further decline? Because you’re seriously talking about playing him until he’s 45 if you sign him to a contract (to which Brady agrees).

Reaction Score
If Brady comes back and they fix tight end and wide receiver the Pats can be right back in the Super Bowl.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Yeah I’m gonna turn to Giants and Jets fans for the answer to this question. Super objective bunch, am I right?

Reaction Score
Ego more than any other factor ruined this team. Brady and Belichick are both out to prove they don’t need each other and there is only one true GOAT that made the other. That has led to some really bad decisions and behaviors. Kraft lost control over Belichick with his “Massage” problem, and you better believe Belichick took advantage of that. Belichick’s has a twofold plan: (1) drive Brady out and prove he can win with anybody at QB in NE or (2) get to his dream job at Giants so he can prove he can resurrect his old love and alone is the best. Brady wants to prove the same and is looking for a place with the offensive assets to prove he doesn’t need Belichick.

These are people sadly infected by their own success.

Love the Pats and hope a new chapter opens.

Reaction Score
A 2 decade run. Unheard of. If it isn't over its super close. I doubt we see anything like it ever again in any sport. Part of me wants to see Bill and Tom move on from one another and see what success they can have without each other.

Reaction Score
Belichick can do fine without Brady. Brady won because of Belichick. Don't know why or how this became a battle of egos. My guess is it started with Belichick's ego being hurt. Brady was also a great QB during his run. In a way, keeping him for 6 Super Bowl wins does add to his "mystique" as a player, as opposed to being traded. But have to wonder if he really still has it in his arm. It's not as if the last Super Bowl vs the Rams was high scoring.

Belichick probably thinks he's a bigger star in his own mind than Brady thinks of himself. Giselle keeps Brady a little more humble, I suppose.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Yeah I’m gonna turn to Giants and Jets fans for the answer to this question. Super objective bunch, am I right?
Good point. Only Patriot fans should be allowed to discuss this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom