Is Nika the X-Factor? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Is Nika the X-Factor?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I’m truly touched by your concern for me. No one on UConn is taking shots that Geno doesn’t think they should be taking. We would all like to see them make more. Once again I will suggest we let this one go and see what happens the rest of the season.
canadian do not want GIF by CBC

I'm not accepting suggestions tonight. I want to re-vist your thoughts on Evelyn Adebayo.

Reaction Score
If she can get the minutes. When Paige returns, she may not see the floor very much the way Geno likes to use his player rotation.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
canadian do not want GIF by CBC

I'm not accepting suggestions tonight. I want to re-vist your thoughts on Evelyn Adebayo.
You’re like someone’s X-wife, complaining about the past while you’re annoyed with the present.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You’re like someone’s X-wife, complaining about the past while you’re annoyed with the present.
Such wisdom could only come from your collective life experiences. Unfortunately I cannot relate. Simply try making better suggestions next time. I also meant what I sad before try running your ideas by someone before you put then out for public ridicule.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Such wisdom could only come from your collective life experiences. Unfortunately I cannot relate. Simply try making better suggestions next time. I also meant what I sad before try running your ideas by someone before you put then out for public ridicule.
No such life experience.

You do flatter yourself by believing that your petty criticism constitutes “public ridicule.”

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No such life experience.

You do flatter yourself by believing that your petty criticism constitutes “public ridicule.
My bad not possible to ridicule the shameless. Keep suggesting!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
My bad not possible to ridicule the shameless. Keep suggesting!
I can see you’re really struggling now to come up with a zinger. Why not sleep on it and try again in the morning......

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I can see you’re really struggling now to come up with a zinger. Why not sleep on it and try again in the morning......
Another suggestion?
rejected red oaks GIF

Reaction Score
Nika is facing many, many more challenges than American HS players have had to deal with!
As mentioned above by several people that she is far from home and except for travel in her Pro League has never left home. She is facing a language difference, and a food difference that is huge.
Her UCONN classes are completely different than her hometown schooling!
Plus she is trying to hard to fit in with her American team mates, by over thinking everything!
Her reaction to Geno's talk shows how the pressure is getting to her! If she could just relax and let the game come to her she would improve a 100%
I think Nika has what it takes to really help UCONN over her career here!
Please give her a break and GRADE HER AFTER she graduates, not on every second she's on the court!

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I honestly think it’s time to put those videos in our rear view mirror. Not much is the same, most notably: the level of competition, the ability to finish and the physique. Look at the arms, face and lower body specifically. View attachment 63888
May I remind you of Moriah, who looked like she was made of pipecleaners when she arrived on campus, and DeWanna Bonner, who still does? There are others...

Being thin, or even skinny is not necessarily a DQ in basketball.

Reaction Score
Nika is facing many, many more challenges than American HS players have had to deal with!
As mentioned above by several people that she is far from home and except for travel in her Pro League has never left home. She is facing a language difference, and a food difference that is huge.
Her UCONN classes are completely different than her hometown schooling!
Plus she is trying to hard to fit in with her American team mates, by over thinking everything!
Her reaction to Geno's talk shows how the pressure is getting to her! If she could just relax and let the game come to her she would improve a 100%
I think Nika has what it takes to really help UCONN over her career here!
Please give her a break and GRADE HER AFTER she graduates, not on every second she's on the court!
Nika came here on her own volition. She speaks English. She is not the first person to ever come or go to a foreign country to study and play basketball. A hamburger is a hamburger is a hamburger. In other words her problems are not unique. She can overcome all this if she chooses. She has others around her who came from other countries. And Canadian Poutaine isn't half bad..Just eat it with a statin pill...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
May I remind you of Moriah, who looked like she was made of pipecleaners when she arrived on campus, and DeWanna Bonner, who still does? There are others...

Being thin, or even skinny is not necessarily a DQ in basketball.
No doubt. I think you might have missed my point however. My point is Nika's physique has changed noticeably-since that picture. To be even more clear you can be successful with skinny arm or think ones.
1611693249504.png

Reaction Score
Nika came here on her own volition. She speaks English. She is not the first person to ever come or go to a foreign country to study and play basketball. A hamburger is a hamburger is a hamburger. In other words her problems are not unique. She can overcome all this if she chooses. She has others around her who came from other countries. And Canadian Poutaine isn't half bad..Just eat it with a statin pill...
Maybe so, but European basketball is played much differently than American college basketball. That is a big adjustment, especially for a relatively undersized guard. And each player that comes stateside to play is unique in their own circumstances.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom