Is Nika Maria Conlon redux ? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is Nika Maria Conlon redux ?

Reaction Score
I think if you are comparing Nika to the role Maria played with her relationship to Paige as Maria's relationship to DT then yes. Maria did the PG dirty work and had great humility to let DT be DT. I see Nika doing that for Paige.

Now from a game point of view, they are really different. Nika has a lot of emotion with scrappy defense. Maria was steely and so far a more reliable shooter.

Nika is bigger than Jen Riz but I think of a healthy Doty when I watch Nika. The intensity.

Reaction Score
Competent, steady. Brings it every game. A perfect complement to Paige.

Nika is faster and might be a better defender (I don't recall Maria's defense).

It is not even close...Nika is a hundred times better than Maria......No disrespect to Maria but it is what it is.......In every possible way.

Did Maria even play 30 seconds a game her freshman and sophomore year? Much less start.

Bottom line is Nika looks like a big time player....

Again no disrespect to Maria because she did compliment DEE her junior and senior years....But Nika can be a star right out of the gate...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I get why posters have to compare Nika to past players/ stars.
Muhl appears to be a pretty unique player in that she is obviously more interested in defending and passing then scoring. I said early, really before I had even seen her play, that her toughness, which I knew about only by reputation, was something that very well could be an ultra important addition to the program. It certainly is looking that way, and Edwards also needs to be acknowledged for providing the same quality. The added bonus of Muhl‘s presence allows Bueckers to play largely off the ball and hunt shots which is something the team absolutely needs.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Jen Renzotti has been my comparison. I love the intensity. She will soon be the UConn player that opposing fans love to hate.
I agree, except with this caveat-Tell Nika to find another career and don't go into coaching after playing professionally.. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom