Is Lou The Best Transfer UConn Has Ever Had | The Boneyard

Is Lou The Best Transfer UConn Has Ever Had

Reaction Score
I don’t go back as far as many of you on the BY, so I would love to hear your feedback.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No. This comes up all the time. Azura Steves was the most productive UCONN transfer EVER. Some people are still salty that Azura left UCONN with eligibility remaining but she put up AA caliber numbers in her only season at UCONN.
She shot 60.8 %. led the team in RPG (7.3) and blocks, Scored 14.3 PPG while only playing just over 20 MPG.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I think that she is the best when it comes to providing an immediate impact.
Edit. I did a quick look at Azura's season in Storrs and even though it appears she only started due to another player's injury, she did perform quite well. I guess my thoughts about her not returning for Pheesa's and Katie Lou's Senior year still has an impact on my opinion of her "value ".

Reaction Score
Edit. I did a quick look at Azura's season in Storrs and even though it appears she only started due to another player's injury, she did perform quite well. I guess my thoughts about her not returning for Pheesa's and Katie Lou's Senior year still has an impact on my opinion of her "value ".
Had she returned and won a NC she surely would be number #1.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but I don't consider Azura a real Husky. She sat a year, played the next, not to my knowledge a great year, still learning the UConn way. She had the chance to really contribute but decided to bolt for the WNBA. No loyalty to our program when she could have been the difference maker in our quest for the NC. She turned our back on us, and that I can't forget. I'm sorry to feel this way, but I do. The best transfers are Lou and Evina by far. Evinas contribution was emence, not only the playing but the assistence she gave to our freshmen. Lou, already she has shown how valuable she is, and she is showing that she IS a true Husky.

Reaction Score
No. This comes up all the time. Azura Steves was the most productive UCONN transfer EVER. Some people are still salty that Azura left UCONN with eligibility remaining but she put up AA caliber numbers in her only season at UCONN.
She shot 60.8 %. led the team in RPG (7.3) and blocks, Scored 14.3 PPG while only playing just over 20 MPG.
You and I have disagreed on this in the past, but I can't help thinking about what would have happened if Geno had left her out there another eight to ten minutes per game.......especially one specific game........that will always be a mystery to me......

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Had she returned and won a NC she surely would be number #1.
That's almost not fair. That team finished 36 and 1 and lost to ND in the final four after beating ND in the regular season. How did Azura do against ND that season? 18 PPG and 8 Rebounds while averaging 27 MPG. That ND team had no matchup for Azura and IMO she should have played more considering the FF game was an OT game in which Azura only logged 28 minutes.

Reaction Score
You and I have disagreed on this in the past, but I can't help thinking about what would have happened if Geno had left her out there another eight to ten minutes per game.......especially one specific game........that will always be a mystery to me......
Me as well

Reaction Score
Correct. To me Lou really wanted to come to Uconn and the fact that Azura's quick departure showed Uconn was just a stepping stone. I will say Lou is the best because of her 3 pointers and scoring. No Knock on Dorka, But Lou fit in the second she arrived and it took Dorka a season for the same results. I would say Evina was an exceptional player, but in a different way. She was quiet and a steadying influence on the team. Lou is lights out. GO HUSKIES!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but I don't consider Azura a real Husky. She sat a year, played the next, not to my knowledge a great year, still learning the UConn way. She had the chance to really contribute but decided to bolt for the WNBA. No loyalty to our program when she could have been the difference maker in our quest for the NC. She turned our back on us, and that I can't forget. I'm sorry to feel this way, but I do. The best transfers are Lou and Evina by far. Evinas contribution was emence, not only the playing but the assistence she gave to our freshmen. Lou, already she has shown how valuable she is, and she is showing that she IS a true Husky.
Your knowledge is severely lacking. Azura put up one of the best seasons in UCONN history when objectively analyzed on a per minute basis

Reaction Score
I never think only about Azura's ++ impact on the Huskies... I get stuck on the thought that she did not
come back for that second year! OUCH!

Reaction Score
That's almost not fair. That team finished 36 and 1 and lost to ND in the final four after beating ND in the regular season. How did Azura do against ND that season? 18 PPG and 8 Rebounds while averaging 27 MPG. That ND team had no matchup for Azura and IMO she should have played more considering the FF game was an OT game in which Azura only logged 28 minutes.
You said “almost”

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I will bring up Brittany Hunter just because she deserves to be mentioned.

On paper she was the most heralded transfer ever to come into the program, a former HS POY who may have wanted to be a Husky all along. She did deliver to an extent, displaying her obvious skills and determination when in the game, even providing psychological boosts to a program that had experienced a downturn, but an ailing body limited her playing time.

I totally understand the argument for Stevens based on her individual production, but her role on the roster created a decrease in production from Collier, and the two phenomena were most definitely related. Despite the impressive year we had, the whole was less than the sum of the parts that year. With the potential AA talent we had, both offensively and defensively, we might have been 2016 dominant if the whole was greater than the sum. Sidebar: I do not blame Stevens at all, nor do I fault her for leaving. Chemistry is a tricky thing, even for a program like UConn.

LLS may or may not fall short of Stevens individual production by the end of the year, she may or may not fall short of Hunter’s impact on team chemistry, the combination of both may or may not propel her to the top at the end of the year. We will just have to see.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
One other data point mostly for the salty people. Had Azura returned for her senior senior season that season would have been without Gabby and Kia Nurse= consecutive NDPOY. A UCONN championship was far from guaranteed although i believe UCONN would have been a much better team with Azura.

Reaction Score
One other data point mostly for the salty people. Had Azura returned for her senior senior season that season would have been without Gabby and Kia Nurse= consecutive NDPOY. A UCONN championship was far from guaranteed although i believe UCONN would have been a much better team with Azura.
Who you callin “salty”! I’ve been called ashy but salty is where I draw the line!! @CocoHusky

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom