OT: - Is John Stockton the most under rated PG of all time? | The Boneyard

OT: Is John Stockton the most under rated PG of all time?

Reaction Score

This video makes a very convincing case. One of my favorite stats, which shows that he was basically the Cal Ripkin of the NBA, is that he missed just 23 games in 19 years with the Jazz.

I think his name deserves to be brought up more often and, considering the numbers he put up and time has only made him seem more over looked.

Is he under rated?
Does his game translate to todays game?
Discuss!
As a kid, he was one of my top 5 favorite players along with MJ, Pippen, Malone and Payton.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stockton is the poster child for those that believe the name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back.

Reaction Score
Jesus, Kawhi was healthy last season and missed over 20 games

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't know if he's underrated or not.

I think most people would put him in Top 5 PG's of all-time. I have zero doubt he could have averaged 25 ppg for most of his career. With his ball handling and agility he could have lived at the FT line like Harden does now. Stockton wouldn't have to be throwing his body in to players or flailing to get calls; he'd just use a bit of change of pace and get players to fall on to him.

Like many who played in the Magic/Jordan era, he just didn't win a bunch of rings to put some gloss on his career.

Reaction Score
I don't understand how people could say he is underrated. How can you consider someone who is universally considered as one of the best ever at his position overrated? Do you consider John Havlichek underrated?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom