OT: - Is CRSPR the real deal? | The Boneyard

OT: Is CRSPR the real deal?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What do you have against barfly know-it-all’s?
FB_IMG_1462384476388.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't know if CRISPR can cure ALS, but CRISPR is very real for many other applications. CRISPR is a Pandora's box that will lead to a brave new world.

Reaction Score
I don't know if CRISPR can cure ALS, but CRISPR is very real for many other applications. CRISPR is a Pandora's box that will lead to a brave new world.

"Pandora's box" is the correct analogy here, I think. @temery, CRISPR is our most modern technique for reliable gene editing, so in that respect it's definitely the real deal. As we learn more about our genetic code, we'll be able to use it (and whatever more advanced versions of it are developed) to alter all sorts of genes, including some genes edits that will be considered quite...controversial.

The controversy of gene editing will eventually take center stage, but at the bottom of the opened box is hope...for a lot of medical fixes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seeing the title of the thread, I thought this was going to be a discussion on whether crispy bacon or soft bacon was favored by the yard. :rolleyes:

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
When scientists who design athletes combine CRISPR with alterations in gut microbe populations, it will open a whole new world of sports "cheating."

I predict that entrepreneurs in the near future will be selling LeBron James' poop for $$$$$ per dried gram. Insert into new born baby and watch your baby become a sports star!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When scientists who design athletes combine CRISPR with alterations in gut microbe populations, it will open a whole new world of sports "cheating."

I predict that entrepreneurs in the near future will be selling LeBron James' poop for $$$$$ per dried gram. Insert into new born baby and watch your baby become a sports star!
You stole Charlie V's toilet, didn't you?

Reaction Score
This is a major step in the right direction. The diagnosis of ALS is generally made while the pt is still fully functional. The problem is that we have no medication to slow down its progression. The theory and study that the article presents looks sound. People with ALS can actually live a long time if they are willing to accept a feeding tube and a tracheostomy. I will be eagerly awaiting the clinical trials on this.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score

My wife had CDiff(not fun) and we learned a s**&load about gut microbes. It is the new frontier of what makes us truly healthy or unhealthy.

Reaction Score
I sure hope it works for ALS. Lost one my best friends to ALS and he went fast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom