Is a Picture Worth a Thousand Words? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is a Picture Worth a Thousand Words?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
No, I have never shown any interest in any of her tweets. This was posted on the Baylor board and I shared because it may give some insight to which university she may be leaning toward.

Maybe I misunderstand, but I thought Off Topic meant it does not apply to WCBB. Is OT anything that does not apply to UCONN WBB?
apply to wcbb imo

Reaction Score
No, I have never shown any interest in any of her tweets. This was posted on the Baylor board and I shared because it may give some insight to which university she may be leaning toward.

Maybe I misunderstand, but I thought Off Topic meant it does not apply to WCBB. Is OT anything that does not apply to UCONN WBB?

Wow, you're getting hazed. if you block all those who are doing this to you and can't see their posts any longer, I think you'll find the BY experience MUCH more enjoyable. Surprisingly I couldn't see any of the posts that were aimed at you. Musta blocked those posters long ago (and I'm not afraid of what they will say to this post either cause they won't show up on MY Boneyard). I appreciate your interest in Texas sports much more than I enjoy BYrs putting down Kia Nurse in mean polls. Keep posting.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If you have that many people blocked you shouldn't even log onto the Boneyard

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sure, Meyers, it's creepy. But as someone who is fascinated by culture and the new forces that sway changes,
this thread has me thinking about an 80's show on Fox called "Married with Children".
The writers/producers ask the viewers to contemplate a 15(?) year old (Christina Applegate) in heavy make-up, form-fitting clothes,
and trashy demeanor. Would it be a surprise that that show, and similar media forays, would be a force to blur the adult/child
boundary in the eyes of men?
Very true. TV/movies do a lot of things that are creepy and they probably shouldn't, or at least cross the bounds of good taste. I'm sure you remember Jodi Foster in Taxi.

And just for the record, I didn't find Ms Applegate attractive until about the 4th or 5th year of Married With Children. ;) (Actually I don't think I ever watched it until it was in reruns.)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
As I stated, I do not follow any players in Twitter, unless they are adults (pro players). So any implication that I am a "creeper" is highly offensive to me.
Yes I know you don't follow her, I didn't say you did. Nor did I imply you were a creeper. (reading comprehension folks) Your comment though that creepy was in the eyes of the holder implies to me that you would not find it creepy for an adult male to follow a 16 yr girl. If true, that, is highly offensive to me. And should sound some alarm bells for people.

HOWEVER, I prefer to believe you just mis-stated your position on the matter.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Yes I know you don't follow her, I didn't say you did. Nor did I imply you were a creeper. (reading comprehension folks) Your comment though that creepy was in the eyes of the holder implies to me that you would not find it creepy for an adult male to follow a 16 yr girl. If true, that, is highly offensive to me. And should sound some alarm bells for people.

HOWEVER, I prefer to believe you just mis-stated your position on the matter.

Dead horse abuse!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just want to say that while I am not on twitter nor do I follow twitter except when either a reporter or a poster here brings a tweet to my attention, I do think the lines are blurring in our current information age. Twitter is a source of information about people in the news whether they are 16 or 60 - so, while physically stalking anyone is creepy and older people trying to engage teenagers on line in dialog is definitely creepy, I am not sure that looking at twitter feeds occasionally of players that are being recruited by your team or are nationally prominent in a field you follow classifies as creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom