Is a hot dog considered a sandwich? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Is a hot dog considered a sandwich?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Add cinnamon toast to that and you hit 'em all.
u forgot bread pudding, which is magically reappearing in some supermarkets. yesiree bob, get urself a loaf of wonderbread like bread (i see that a loaf of store whitebread can be around $1.50 to $2.00 lately), toss in some eggs, milk, and such, and you got urself a right fine repast right thar, yes indeedy. cheap, too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
i can respect arguments against beef consumption due to the water use thing. it takes more per pound than even nutjob almond farming, which is around 1 gallon per nut. i ain't doing it tho, cuz im more interested in staying healthy by a balanced consumption of beef, as we are evolutionary predisposed to eating meat (incisors! wouldn't be there iffn no flesh tearing was required. ya got ur molars to grind grass, cereal grains and such). life is aboot choices, and i choose to give my machine the stuff it' been hardwired for, over eons of time.
most of this plant based protein poison, relies heavily on soy.
highly arguable and debateable, soy is ruining men, biochemically.
it's no accident that, since the 1960s, sperm counts in men have plummeted. inarguable. data an all that. the explosion in soy farming is easily explainable. it's really, really cheap protein to produce, and we feed it to pigs, and us, on epic levels. a while back, discussing this with someone, they said 'i use vegetable oil.' nice try, i sez. look closer cuz for good business reasons, they changed the labelling from 'soybean oil' to 'vegetable oil' since soy is a vegetable, and so it would not be untrue, as folks start to think harder on this soy thing.
toss in the now, this very moment, debate around certain pesticides
(a few hours ago) EPA atrazine ruling ignites farm-state backlash, taking no opinion on the subject other than the knowledge that it interacts with soy in very weird ways, and honest minds should have questions.
atrazine.
'There are many ways that atrazine effects our endocrine system, but the big concern for men is that Atrazine reduces luteinizing hormone.
Luteinizing hormone (LH) is released by the pituitary gland and ultimately stimulates a mans leydig cells which produce testosterone in the testes.
Long story short, when LH levels are low, so are your testosterone levels.'

i don't necessarily agree with all the stuff in here, but it is thought provoking
Atrazine: 7 Harmful Effects On Humans
soy.
'The active ingredient in soy, isoflavones, behaves like estrogen. Estrogen, erroneously connotated as a female-exclusive hormone, plays an important role is the male body’s hormone equilibrium (Thrane, Paulsen, Orcutt and Krieger 2016). However, elevated levels of estrogen stunts muscle development, lowers testosterone, increases cortisol levels, causes gynecomastia, decreases libido, and even reduces sperm production.
NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF SOY ON MEN | The Mas Clinic
i also don't necessarily agree with all the stuff in here, but it is thought provoking.

especially for males, soy is poison, and unfortunately, it is ghost included in soo many things today, including ur food from 'super fancy, and cheapo,' restaurants. check out their kitchens, 5 gal pails of soy oil all over that place, cuz it's inexpensive.
gee, 'manboobs' is such a 21st century thing. i wonder why?
no 'wondering' needed to understand the title on that half century old film.
Soylent Green. duh. it's business thing. logical, no?
sooooo, spray some atrazine on the soy crop, then head off to the dress shop. it's getting ugly. not blaming anyone, fert companies, farmers, eco-activists, the government, all of it, just interested in how it affects me.

I don't like soy for the simple reason that it upsets my stomach.

I look for it on the labels on salad dressings, and in the Japanese and Chinese restaurants, I look at the menu, and ask that it be cooked not with Teriyaki(soybeans), but with some other non-soy sauces and they do have them available, like brown sauce for example, or mushroom sauce.

You don't want soy? Then stick to quinoa or lentils and if prepackaged, find those without soy ingredients.

Yes, veggie burgers usually have soy in them, but if you buy them in a package, check out the ingredients. Maybe tempeh has soy, but I don't know.

Most menus have options for non-soy ingredients. If it says on the menu, teriyaki, just ask for another ingredient. Food can be cooked with avocado oil with its high heating point or the same with grapeseed oil.

If you don't trust vegetable oil, then ask specifically that it be cooked with olive oil.

Sounds like they wouldn't fool you if isoflavones was a listed ingredient.
tl;dr: everything in moderation.

I have way, way less soy than animal protein.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What brand? My wife is interested in working non-meat-based food into our diets. From what I’ve seen, like the impossible burger, non-meat-based doesn’t necessarily mean “healthy.“
It's not for everyone, but when I go on a "healthy" kick and drop all meat or most protein, I will look for vegetarian recipes that are been established in some other country's culture, like many Middle Eastern and Asian recipes featuring eggplant or tofu or grains, or Latin American/Caribbean bean/rice dishes. If it's some BS American 21st century "meat substitute" recipe, even if jackfruit or similar, I'll pass.

There's a lot of tasty stuff out there w/o meat that won't make you feel like you're sacrificing enjoyment or wishing for "the real thing", because you're eating the real thing. And it's delicious.

And of course, you could always make a buttload of eggplant parmigiana :D

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i mean, it's not as if there is a new, yet growingly common label found around the 4 corners of the globe,

'soy boy.'
or is there? imagine that.
i noticed in my peer group a few years back, that more and more would talk openly aboot a 'little blue pill.' 30-35 year old guys talking aboot that. i immediately thought 'what's wrong with you?!?!?'
lots of simple answers in this life, you just have to want to know.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Psst, spyboy, it's spelled differently in different Middle Eastern countries. My spelling comes straight from the menu of the Syrian place where I get it most frequently (and where I first got turned onto it).

Not to make you put more effort into your charade, but you might want to google a few different countries next time you're spinning that web again.
This past week has been worth it here on the boneyard, he's turning back into Spackler right before our very eyes.

I can't wait for him to drop more hints about all his special assignments in the Middle East.

What a crazy concept, that different countries/regions/ethnicities spell and pronounce foods differently.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
This past week has been worth it here on the boneyard, he's turning back into Spackler right before our very eyes.

I can't wait for him to drop more hints about all his special assignments in the Middle East.

What a crazy concept, that different countries/regions/ethnicities spell and pronounce foods differently.
5/2020, you:
'If you want to invest in something and you're thinking travel invest in Disney that's been hurt by lack of travel and shutdown of theme parks but is so diverse and such a great company they are involved in everything and can manuever around these trying times.'
around $125 then.
today around $117.
yoo sooo smaht!

went to the petrol place the other day, as mentioned previously.
me, in arabic 'u like ful?'
him, in english 'the bean thing?'
me, in arabic 'yeah.'
him, in english 'my mother in law makes it pretty good. she puts marrow bones in early, and some other meat in later. sometimes beef, sometimes lamb. i like it with the meat.'

Last edited:
Reaction Score
5/2020, you:
'If you want to invest in something and you're thinking travel invest in Disney that's been hurt by lack of travel and shutdown of theme parks but is so diverse and such a great company they are involved in everything and can manuever around these trying times.'
around $125 then.
today around $117.
yoo sooo smaht!

went to the petrol place the other day, as mentioned previously.
me, in arabic 'u like ful?'
him, in english 'the bean thing?'
me, in arabic 'yeah.'
him, in english 'my mother in law makes it pretty good. she puts marrow bones in early, and some other meat in later. sometimes beef, sometimes lamb. i like it with the meat.'
Travel stocks still haven't recovered because of ongoing variants/Covid travel restrictions and the war/inflation...shocker.

Super secret Middle East spyboy went to a gas station in Stratford, CT.

Cool story.

Reaction Score
This is a a very good hot dog that you can eat fairly guilt free.
Its pretty much all we buy aside from when I grab a 24 pack of Nathan’s at Costco or Sam’s for a big cookout or something.

Attachments

• 1661737832760.jpeg
    1661737832760.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 108
Reaction Score
It's not for everyone, but when I go on a "healthy" kick and drop all meat or most protein, I will look for vegetarian recipes that are been established in some other country's culture, like many Middle Eastern and Asian recipes featuring eggplant or tofu or grains, or Latin American/Caribbean bean/rice dishes. If it's some BS American 21st century "meat substitute" recipe, even if jackfruit or similar, I'll pass.

There's a lot of tasty stuff out there w/o meat that won't make you feel like you're sacrificing enjoyment or wishing for "the real thing", because you're eating the real thing. And it's delicious.

And of course, you could always make a buttload of eggplant parmigiana :D

100%. I can be perfectly satisfied eating vegetarian meals but I can’t get into dishes trying to capture the effect of meat with seitan or jackfruit or something like that. Just doesn’t work for me.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Has anyone in the history of the world said “I’ll take a hot dog sandwich” I don’t think so
Or if they have, I don’t wanna know about it.

Reaction Score
No. A hot dog is a hot dog. It's like the VW Beetle. It's in its own class. And there are no really great hot dog places. Hot dogs are very satisfying when you are very hungry but your best bet is to grill your own. Now Brats, things start to get interesting. Also not sandwiches. Wursts

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Has anyone in the history of the world said “I’ll take a hot dog sandwich” I don’t think so
Or if they have, I don’t wanna know about it.

C'mon. Every dad in the world has looked at the fridge and looked in the pantry and realized they're eating a hot dog on a hamburger bun because, well, that's what dads do when the math for dogs to buns ratio doesn't equal one.

And when you do eat that dog on a hamburger bun you are cutting up the dog and making a hot dog sandwich. Some even do what's shown above and slice it down the center line to flatten it out for a better meat to bun thickness ratio.

Also, dads also use bread for their dogs, and I believe I have already discussed using burritos to wrap up a dog.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
C'mon. Every dad in the world has looked at the fridge and looked in the pantry and realized they're eating a hot dog on a hamburger bun because, well, that's what dads do when the math for dogs to buns ratio doesn't equal one.

And when you do eat that dog on a hamburger bun you are cutting up the dog and making a hot dog sandwich. Some even do what's shown above and slice it down the center line to flatten it out for a better meat to bun thickness ratio.

Also, dads also use bread for their dogs, and I believe I have already discussed using burritos to wrap up a dog.
Think alternative times when someone might use the phrase “hotdog sandwich”. I’m pretty sure they might be using the phrase “meat to bun thickness ratio“ at the same time. I don’t want to know about it, not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom