No.

Is Andre Johnson a walk-on?

Reaction Score
No, a hot dog is a taco

BD4F17D0-3762-4528-AB91-C6CD5CEF3480.jpeg

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
according to another Connecticut guy, who pretty much invented 'murican english,'
('To evaluate the etymology of words, Webster learned twenty-eight languages, including Old English, Gothic, German, Greek, Latin, Italian, Spanish, French, Dutch, Welsh, Russian, Hebrew, Aramaic, Persian, Arabic, and Sanskrit. Webster hoped to standardize American speech, since Americans in different parts of the country used different languages.')
a hot dog on a bun is a sammich:
'two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between.'
-the merriam-webster dictionary.
and, ol noah would approve the use of the words 'murican' and 'sammich' cuz
'The appropriate standard for the American language, argued Webster
... meant that the people-at-large must control the language; popular sovereignty in government must be accompanied by popular usage in language.
As time went on, Webster changed the spellings in the book to more phonetic ones. Most of them already existed as alternative spellings.

'cuz' too.

he sold 60 million copies of the book. im listening to him.
on da udder hand, i have often heard folks say to me 'u really gonna eat that monstrosity?' my homedogs are usually 2 fat wieners, loaded with whatever is around that looks like it belongs with it, on a half baguette or chunk of italian bread. hot dog buns generally stink.
so there u have it. burgers belong between two fat slices of Texas toast, and hotdogs belong on some kind of portuguese roll looking thing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I prefer enchilada as the #4. Rice/nori don't count as a bread in my opinion, whereas wheat tortillas do.

I also think #3 needs a new name, as roll/bun and taco are equally popular. Need a broader category to include both without putting either under the other one.
Wheat tortillas for Enchilada? Yeah, no thanks.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Where does the delicious shawarma or falafel in a pita stand?
falafel blows, shawarma rules. lol.
i mean, seriously, little fried pea balls vs big slabs of slow cooked meaty wonderfulness?

Reaction Score
falafel blows, shawarma rules. lol.
i mean, seriously, little fried pea balls vs big slabs of slow cooked meaty wonderfulness?
That’s probably because you’ve been wrecked by eating little, dried out, hours-old, pre-made balls from some vegan joint. Falafel, with hummus, techina, amba and schug, from an Israeli or Lebanese hole in the wall is a revelation.

Reaction Score
Wheat tortillas for Enchilada? Yeah, no thanks.
Gluten rules. If I have fresh, homemade corn tortillas, sure, but personally I actually like the ones that are corn/wheat hybrids from the store as opposed to straight corn. The texture (chew/elasticity, etc.) is so much better; store-bought straight corn tortillas are like cardboard (across like 10 different brands I've tried).

temery

What?
Reaction Score
No. And for some reason the only hotdogs I like are bought at Fenway. I've bought Fenway franks, they suck. But franks at Fenway, with an ice cold glass bottle of Coke, is awesome. And yes, no glass bottles anymore. Was really disappointed.

Reaction Score
Gluten rules. If I have fresh, homemade corn tortillas, sure, but personally I actually like the ones that are corn/wheat hybrids from the store as opposed to straight corn. The texture (chew/elasticity, etc.) is so much better; store-bought straight corn tortillas are like cardboard (across like 10 different brands I've tried).
Lucky where I live, all our tortillas are coming from tortillerias in the city or from the restaurant you're ordering them from and they always use corn. I don't make enchiladas at home because they do it a lot better than I would.

Reaction Score
That’s probably because you’ve been wrecked by eating little, dried out, hours-old, pre-made balls from some vegan joint. Falafel, with hummus, techina, amba and schug, from an Israeli or Lebanese hole in the wall is a revelation.
Like many things, it seems simple enough to prepare but you don't know what great falafel and hummus are until you actually get it. It's ubiquitous nowadays so a lot of places do it okay but the real deal stuff is a whole other level.

It's like pizza...how hard can dough, sauce and cheese be and there's not many great pizza joints.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
sorry bud, been all over israel, been all over jordan, been all over all them sandy dry places. 'little fried pea balls.' however, if they're doing their bread fresh, like Waterbury or Atlantic Avenue fresh, and/or the little pea balls mooshed up with tahina, garlic and such? count me in, big time.
taste is personal.
tell u what. lets get 1000 people, and give them falafel and shwarma sandwiches. later in the day, we'll ask them which one do they want tomorrow.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'the little pea balls mooshed up with tahina, garlic and such? count me in, big time.'
over there, they call it 'chou-moose!' accent on the 'moose.' all of them.
we really need a guttural '
large-hebrew-letter-chet.png
' sound in our letters. everrbody over there has one. here, people only make that sound when they're working on hocking up a loogy. nowhere in the Americas does anyone make that sound other than when clearing their throat.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
sorry bud, been all over israel, been all over jordan, been all over all them sandy dry places. 'little fried pea balls.' however, if they're doing their bread fresh, like Waterbury or Atlantic Avenue fresh, and/or the little pea balls mooshed up with tahina, garlic and such? count me in, big time.
taste is personal.
tell u what. lets get 1000 people, and give them falafel and shwarma sandwiches. later in the day, we'll ask them which one do they want tomorrow.
Dude, your posts make me laugh. I’m not making the argument that falafel is better tasting that shawarma. I love me a platter of fatty lamb (or dark meat turkey) slivers marinated in turmeric and pepper. Most people do. I’m simply standing up for authentic falafel. And 99% of falafels globally are not made from peas. Chickpeas, bro. Next time you’re in Philly, go hit Mike Solomonov’s Goldie and get yourself his falafel and a techina shake. Will blow your mind. Speaking of pita sandwiches, get a proper sabich too!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Hotdog a sandwich?
Even the language experts have issued a verdict: Merriam-Webster came down definitively on the side of yes, a hot dog IS a sandwich, because “the definition of sandwich is 'two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom