Iowa game: Saturday (1PM EDT) [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Iowa game: Saturday (1PM EDT) [merged thread]

Reaction Score
Hope folks know that Annie Oakley was a real person and not a show biz creation. The movie to which you refer starred Barbara Stanwyck (pictured). The historical Oakley was, IMO, more attractive that Stanwyck, and Annie DID get her man with a gun. Trust in Oakley's marriage was based on her husband's willingness to have a cigarette shot out of his mouth by her.
I can think of 3 other women who portrayed Oakley (film and stage). Can you name them?
View attachment 66248
Betty Hutton in Annie Get Your Gun was one.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Hope folks know that Annie Oakley was a real person and not a show biz creation. The movie to which you refer starred Barbara Stanwyck (pictured). The historical Oakley was, IMO, more attractive that Stanwyck, and Annie DID get her man with a gun. Trust in Oakley's marriage was based on her husband's willingness to have a cigarette shot out of his mouth by her.
I can think of 3 other women who portrayed Oakley (film and stage). Can you name them?
View attachment 66248
In "Annie, Get Your Gun" onstage I think Merman, Peters, and Reba appeared at one time or another. There may have been a television series, but I am not certain.
s ,

Reaction Score
UConn / Iowa has to be in the best timeslot. Would have preferred Sunday to give Nika more time.
UConn was in the first group of games, so they are in the first group of games this weekend, until they get to the Final Four.
UConn / Iowa has to be in the best timeslot. Would have preferred Sunday to give Nika more time.

Reaction Score
UConn was in the first group of games, so they are in the first group of games this weekend, until they get to the Final Four.
Not how it works. TV has flexibility to schedule the games on the day however it wants.

Reaction Score
Yup. It's on the ESPN website, too. 1:00 UConn vs Iowa.

Reaction Score
SAT
1 PM - ABC - 1 UConn v 5 Iowa
3 PM - ABC - 1 Baylor v 6 Michigan
6 PM - ES2 - 1 NC State v 4 Indiana
8 PM - ES2 - 2 Texas A&M v 3 Arizona

SUN
1 PM - ABC - 1 So Carolina v 5 Ga Tech
3 PM - ABC - 1 Stanford v 5 Missouri St
7 PM - ES_ - 2 Louisville v 6 Oregon
9 PM - ES_ - 2 Maryland v 6 Texas

Reaction Score
Well, the 1:00 pm start time means that I won't be watching the game live. Will likely be in the Shenandoah National Forest on a hike with my wife and daughter. If there is cell coverage I will be checking the score though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom