Interesting tidbit from Athletic piece on Ralph Vandy hire | The Boneyard

Interesting tidbit from Athletic piece on Ralph Vandy hire

Reaction Score
The Athletic's Vanderbilt beat writer's opening comment from its recent piece on Shea Ralph's hire from both programs' perspectives:

"Rexrode: ... I was told an interesting story this week by a Vanderbilt source in reference to a recent recruiting battle involving Stanford and UConn. Stanford won, and Stanford winning any recruiting battle in this sport should be no surprise. But apparently, the decisive factor for this particular recruit was academics. This came up in Ralph’s interview, the point being, maybe that’s the kind of battle she wins in the future at Vanderbilt..."

I wonder the recruit in question: Haley Jones, Lauren Betts?

Shea has a chance to carve out another rarified academic option for top recruits with high priority academic aside from Stanford & Notre Dame, to a lesser extent. I expect her to lock horns with Kara Lawson for such kids in future years, especially those with regional ties of 3/4 star HS ranking caliber.

Reaction Score
The Athletic's Vanderbilt beat writer's opening comment from its recent piece on Shea Ralph's hire from both programs' perspectives:

"Rexrode: ... I was told an interesting story this week by a Vanderbilt source in reference to a recent recruiting battle involving Stanford and UConn. Stanford won, and Stanford winning any recruiting battle in this sport should be no surprise. But apparently, the decisive factor for this particular recruit was academics. This came up in Ralph’s interview, the point being, maybe that’s the kind of battle she wins in the future at Vanderbilt..."

Shea has a chance to carve out another rarified academic option for top recruits with high priority academic aside from Stanford & Notre Dame, to a lesser extent. I expect her to lock horns with Kara Lawson for such kids in future years, especially those with regional ties of 3/4 star HS ranking caliber.
Those two are likely but also potentially Brink.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
The following is tongue-in-cheek (I have not learned my lesson from the PONs experiment). I'll include a few emojis for emphasis :p :p :p :p :p

Ralph going to Vanderbilt was a deliberate, brilliant move on UConn's part. Stanford has been having too much success lately with recruiting. Having Ralph siphon some of that talent over to Vanderbilt instead to make UConn bad for basketball again is a stroke of genius, with Ralph doing her part. Once a Husky, always a Husky!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think it was more likely Brink or Betts. It could have been HaJo, but she said that major factors included being much closer to home and having a relationship with Tara from her camps for several years.

Reaction Score

If academics are that critical, no one but Stanford will win... but most kids can get a great education at many places if they are that driven.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom