Men - Injured UConn baseball star Reggie Crawford awaits MLB Draft as teammates move to NCAA Tournament. (Borges @ Hearst) | The Boneyard

Men Injured UConn baseball star Reggie Crawford awaits MLB Draft as teammates move to NCAA Tournament. (Borges @ Hearst)

Reaction Score

-> Crawford has been throwing and hitting off a tee, and was slated to start some front-toss hitting this week.

“I feel unbelievable,” he reported. “My arm feels great, my swing feels great. I’m super-happy with how my rehab’s going, how I’m progressing. Can’t complain at all.”

So great that he could help the team out right now if possible? Crawford smiled. “I definitely feel like I can, but I’m not that far along. It’s definitely different watching and not playing, but I’ve adapted.” <-

Back door link

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

-> Crawford has been throwing and hitting off a tee, and was slated to start some front-toss hitting this week.

“I feel unbelievable,” he reported. “My arm feels great, my swing feels great. I’m super-happy with how my rehab’s going, how I’m progressing. Can’t complain at all.”

So great that he could help the team out right now if possible? Crawford smiled. “I definitely feel like I can, but I’m not that far along. It’s definitely different watching and not playing, but I’ve adapted.” <-

Back door link

Glad to hear it! As good as this team is, Crawford would’ve helped us tremendously. He’s an incredible athlete. Talk about your five tool guys!

Reaction Score
I have had the pleasure to interact with him, albeit briefly, a couple of times and let’s just say kid handles himself even better off of the field. Friendly, very engaging super appreciative of being a part of the program. As easy a kid as there is to root for….

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Such a shame that Crawford is going to end up being one of our best alumni in UConn Baseball history, and he will leave having never played a single game in Storrs in front of UConn fans.

In 2020 the season was stopped due to COVID after 13 games before UConn played at home. In 2021 fans were not allowed in the stadium due to COVID. And this year he obviously missed due to his injury.

Reaction Score
Such a shame that Crawford is going to end up being one of our best alumni in UConn Baseball history, and he will leave having never played a single game in Storrs in front of UConn fans.

In 2020 the season was stopped due to COVID after 13 games before UConn played at home. In 2021 fans were not allowed in the stadium due to COVID. And this year he obviously missed due to his injury.
Fans were allowed in Elliot in the later part of the 2021 season… pretty sure I saw Crawford hit a massive bomb vs ?Seton Hall?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I watched him and the rest of the team rake Seton Hall that weekend. Saw Casey Dana and thought he was the best position player the Hall had. Little did we know...

Reaction Score
I saw Crawford in 2021 at Elliot at well. It was against Georgetown in the Saturday game. Think he hit a double. I was fortunate to see him in Port St. Lucie in February of 2020. I was at all three games against Michigan. I didn't see any homers from Reggie but saw a few doubles. He impressed me in the Sunday game with some hard doubles and he even pitched a little bit. I also saw him hit a few homers against Central Michigan last year at Notre Dame during the tournament. His 3 run HR brought UConn back to be down by only 1 but they went on to lose the game. I put most of that weekend out of my thoughts.

It is unfortunate that most UConn fans will never get to see him play in Storrs.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom