2021 Recruiting: - Initial Recruiting Targets | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Initial Recruiting Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Yeah, Herc is probably too young for Chief. I didn't like him initially but he has shown a few redeeming qualities, especially when he refused to help Carver move the dead body.

I think Carver and Landsman are the only characters I don't like. Ziggy drove me crazy and I wanted to kill him, but he was necessary. Valchek I love just because he's so classic. I was stunned when Pres popped him. Great scene.

Interesting! I kinda always liked Carver, and Landsman is typical in that he drives you nuts but he was always funny and annoying but the perfect type of annoying for a TV show.

I should probably not keep hijacking this thread with The Wire, because I'd hate it if anyone else did that, but I could talk that show all day.

Reaction Score
I mean obviously you take talent when they want to commit, but I don't think we *need* a pure point with RJ being a senior and Gaffney a junior when these guys come in. Seems to me a combo-guard/2-guard (or two) to compliment our bigger wings (Jackson, Martin) is more of a priority. I think we also have a need for one more big man since Sanogo and Javonte Brown Ferguson will be our only Cs, with Richie maybe able to play some too.

I don't think we've been associated with Freeman since last August. Blakes is probably the more realistic 3-star guard if you're going to go that route. Not super sure though

I don't think Gak is good enough for the level we intend to play at by 2021. Samson seems like project player with super high potential to me. But I watched maybe 4 patrick school games and wasn't wow'd with any of his performances. Good shotblocking and athleticism. But basically 0 offensive skill. He's a lot like Akok-lite.

Springs playing big, Martin/Jackson in small-ball lineups, plus whatever big wing we can find will likely be our 4 rotation. Patterson would fit the need pretty well. I've read he's 6'7-6'8 and anywhere from 170-210lbs. Looks to me like the more recent updates have him at 202 and 207 though. Good size for a 3/stretch-4 combo.

Isn’t there a decent chance we still have Akok that year? I have to assume the injury changed his original two-year plan.

Reaction Score
Stan Valchek.
After finishing the wire... again, might I add a new name to the ring? Whiting.

A8CA3607-E2C7-42CB-9654-B9B728E013D8.png

Reaction Score

top 4: cuse, gtown, miami, maryland.

crossed him off the targets list.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

top 4: cuse, gtown, miami, maryland.

crossed him off the targets list.

How beautiful would it be to get involved somehow and steal this one from their pocket though too.... can’t take them all I guess

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
The fact that there doesn’t seem to be a real favorite for Keels this late in the process gives me real hope.

Reaction Score
The fact that there doesn’t seem to be a real favorite for Keels this late in the process gives me real hope.
is it late in the process though? his junior year hasn't even ended yet

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
is it late in the process though? his junior year hasn't even ended yet
Summer going into your senior year is late. Something like 50 of the top 150 in his class have already committed.

Reaction Score
Summer going into your senior year is late. Something like 50 of the top 150 in his class have already committed.
so ~1/3 and they say it's because of the pandemic that more guys than usual are committing early. genuinely curious, whens the last time we signed someone as a junior or in the summer before their senior year? don't get me wrong i'd love to get an earlier start than we have been on recruiting instead of filling our schollys at the last minute (e.g. springs). we did much better this year but still havent gotten any juniors to commit that i can remember

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

He's a 5 star recruit. You shouldn't have hope for him as a general matter. If he happens to come here, thst's just gravy.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah but Landsman's likeable.

Little Wire trivia: Jay Landsman is the name of a real Baltimore cop who plays Dennis Mello, the guy in the Western District with the big mustache and the absolutely ridiculous Baltimore accent.
Not a big Landsman fan. Always stuffing his face or looking at centerfolds. The thing I don’t like about both him and Carver as that neither is good police.

I noticed the thing about the real name of the other actor but didn’t know he was a real cop.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah but Landsman's likeable.
Little Wire trivia: Jay Landsman is the name of a real Baltimore cop who plays Dennis Mello, the guy in the Western District with the big mustache and the absolutely ridiculous Baltimore accent.
Not a big Landsman fan. Always stuffing his face or looking at centerfolds. The thing I don’t like about both him and Crawford as that neither is good police.
I noticed the thing about the real name of the other actor but didn’t know he was a real cop.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69