2021 Recruiting: - Initial Recruiting Targets | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Initial Recruiting Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Never too early to turn our undivided attention to 2021... I took this list from the 247 composite. These are the guys in the top ~150 from the Northeast (New England to DC) plus anyone else we've offered (in bold). Hopefully we'll only have 4 spots to fill cause it's not a strong year for the region. Am i missing any offers other than kuminga, griffin, and cisse?

14. Aminu Mohammed- SF- DC
18. Trevor Keels- SG- VA
24. Franck Kepnang- C- PA

27. Jalen Warley- CG- PA
30. Hunter Sallis- PG- NE
38. Trey Patterson- SF- NJ
46. Quincy Allen- SF- DC

50. Benny Williams- SF- MD
56. Rahsool Diggins- PG- PA
59. Micawber Etienne- C- CT

61. Jordan Longino- SG- PA
62. Jordan Hawkings- SG- MD
89. Jakai Robinson- SG- MD

101. Erik Reynolds- CG- MD
104. John Camden- SF- PA
105. Julian Reese- PF- MD
112. Bensley Joseph- PG- MA
136. Jaylen Murray- PG- CT
138. Jaylen Blakes- PG- NJ
139. Bretner Mutombo- C- NJ
143. Casey Simmons- SG- MA
153. Akoldah Gak- PF- NJ

NR- Samson Johnson- PF- NJ
JUCO- El Ellis- SG- NC

Reaction Score
Never too early to turn our undivided attention to 2021... I took this list from the 247 composite. These are the guys in the top ~150 from the Northeast (New England to DC) plus anyone else we've offered (in bold). Hopefully we'll only have 4 spots to fill cause it's not a strong year for the region. Am i missing any offers other than kuminga, griffin, and cisse?

18. Trevor Keels- SG- VA

27. Jalen Warley- CG- PA
46. Quincy Allen- SF- DC

104. John Camden- SF- PA
153. Akoldah Gak- PF- NJ

JUCO- El Ellis- SG- NC
Sean Durugordon. Was at Canterbury School, now doing a year at Putnam Science

Reaction Score
EDITED again to include Virginia and 247 predictions and commitments

1. Jonathan Kuminga- SF- NJ (UConn not in his top 10)
7. AJ Griffin- SF- NY (Duke Commit)

8. Mousse Cisse- PF- TN (UConn not in his top 6)
14. Aminu Mohammed- SF- DC (100% Louisville)
18. Trevor Keels- SG- VA (100% Virginia)

20. Efton Reid- C- VA
27. Jalen Warley- CG- PA
46. Quincy Allen- SF- DC

52. Roosevelt Wheeler- C- VA

61. Jordan Longino- SG- PA (100% Villanova)
62. Jordan Hawkins- SG- MD
89. Jakai Robinson- SG- MD (100% Seton Hall)

93. Shane Dezonie- SG- NJ
104. John Camden- SF- PA
105. Julian Reese- PF- MD (Maryland Commit)
119. Brayon Freeman- PG- VA
125. Gabe Wiznitzer- PF- VA
131. Jalen Ricks- SG- VA (100% Arkansas)
150. Elijah Hutchins Everett- C- NJ
153. Akoldah Gak- PF- NJ

NR- Nate Santos- SF- CT
NR- Sean Durugordon- SF- CT
NR- Madison Peaster- PG- AR

JUCO- El Ellis- SG- NC

Last edited:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
El Ellis was thought to be a heavy Louisville lean he’s coached/mentored by a Louisville native and team fan but with the notice of allegations no one knows what’s going to happen. If y’all haven’t seen this kid, he’s unbelievably talented. Best JUCO guard in the country.

Reaction Score
Nate Santos isn’t ranked (yet). I like him a lot. He reminds me of Polley. Kid is tall, 6’7 and can shoot the 3 pretty well. He’s not ranked because of an ACL injury but he will be soon. High level interest right in our back yard. Hoping he gets picked up by a good program.

Reaction Score
Is there no chance we go after kuminga? Ik he might be a reach at the moment but a big season this year could change that. Hurleys done a great job recruiting the area and he played with Sanogo. I don’t think it’s likely but i don’t think it’s impossible either and it seems like there’s enough of a connection to go after him

Reaction Score
Is there no chance we go after kuminga? Ik he might be a reach at the moment but a big season this year could change that. Hurleys done a great job recruiting the area and he played with Sanogo. I don’t think it’s likely but i don’t think it’s impossible either and it seems like there’s enough of a connection to go after him
pretty sure he already released his top 5 or whatever and we werent on it. same with cisse

Reaction Score
I would think with 4 schollies we're going after

1) Decent sized PG (Ellis, Diggins)
2) Combo-ish guard (Sallis, Keels, Hawkins)
3) Big wing (Patterson, Allen, Robinson, Durugordon)
4) Big (Mac)

Just my guess though. I didn't pencil in any names with kids I haven't heard of much.

Sign me up for Ellis, Sallis, Patterson, and Mac. That would be an alright class

Reaction Score
I’ve had my eye on the Patterson offer for a while. I think he Jackson and Martin can split time at the 2-3 nicely but I wouldn’t be opposed to taking a better shooting 2 guard instead to replace Bouknight. I like our chances with a top 40 NJ kid today more than I ever have before. Trey Patterson looks like he has a pro ceiling if he develops.

Reaction Score

I feel pretty confident he will never play a college game. He has G-League written all over him (and I can’t blame him at all if he does).

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
What a difference a few months can bring. So many things have seemingly turned around so quickly but behind the scenes the relentless efforts of DH and staff are really just starting to bear fruit. This is beginning to
look like a well spring of talent headed to Storrs that will make winters happy time again. Thanks to the staff, alumni, administration and of course the BY where it all comes alive on a daily basis to prepare us and inform us as the Big East return looms in the near future. This is exciting and hope springs eternal!

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I’ve had my eye on the Patterson offer for a while. I think he Jackson and Martin can split time at the 2-3 nicely but I wouldn’t be opposed to taking a better shooting 2 guard instead to replace Bouknight. I like our chances with a top 40 NJ kid today more than I ever have before. Trey Patterson looks like he has a pro ceiling if he develops.
Im definitely in the minority but I didnt fall in love with the tape on Trey Patt. He’s a little bit of a project offensively, not a playmaker at all. Great defender though.

We really really need shooting for 2021 with the departures of Bouknight and Polley, Cole going into his senior year. We won’t have a consistent shooter on the team. I think we need a 2 guards in this class who can both shoot. Maybe Hawkins and Ellis.

Reaction Score
I had though we offered Julian Reese as well

Also Jakai Robinson is a baller. Should target him too
Edit: Nevermind. Jakai is a UVA commit

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Im definitely in the minority but I didnt fall in love with the tape on Trey Patt. He’s a little bit of a project offensively, not a playmaker at all. Great defender though.

We really really need shooting for 2021 with the departures of Bouknight and Polley, Cole going into his senior year. We won’t have a consistent shooter on the team. I think we need a 2 guards in this class who can both shoot. Maybe Hawkins and Ellis.

I could see that. I mostly watched highlights where he looked like a long slasher. I haven’t watched a complete game. I agree that a replacement for bouk would be the higher priority with Jackson and Martin on the wing.

C

Chief00

18. Trevor Keels- SG- VA

27. Jalen Warley- CG- PA
46. Quincy Allen- SF- DC

104. John Camden- SF- PA
153. Akoldah Gak- PF- NJ

JUCO- El Ellis- SG- NC
Chief will be spending lots of time in the DMV and will swing by Westside of Baltimore to catch up with some friends too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom