ESPN Gamecast:

Reaction Score
Not a great start for Minnesota.

26-18 IND end of first

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Much better in the 2Q

41-34 Lynx at half. Crystal playing very nice game. One very pretty tear dropper and one beautiful pocket pass into Pheesa for her only bucket. Pheesa again with a slow start. :confused:

By the way, the buzzer 3pt shot that gave the Fever the 26-18 lead was disallowed. 2Q started with Indiana up 23-18

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Where is @triaddukefan ? Monster game for Lexie Brown. 26 points 9 assists 9-14 from the floor.

I'm not a fan of Ogunbowale, but I think the level of criticism she gets is unwarranted. So to counteract that, I'm gonna start calling out any player that has a high volume, low shooting percentage game who doesn't get criticized the way Arike does. Today, I'm looking at you Kelsey Mitchell. 6-18 from the floor, 1-9 behind the arc (which means she was okay inside the arc).

Oh, Lynx win 87-80.

Reaction Score
Lexie Brown came to play this season. Second great game in a row after sitting out a couple of games on concussion protocol.

This game 26 pts, 6 reb, 9 ast, and a meager 4 stl.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lexie Brown came to play this season. Second great game in a row after sitting out a couple of games on concussion protocol.

This game 26 pts, 6 reb, 9 ast, and a meager 4 stl.

and some great penetrating drives down the stretch when the game was close.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Where is @triaddukefan ? Monster game for Lexie Brown. 26 points 9 assists 9-14 from the floor.

I'm not a fan of Ogunbowale, but I think the level of criticism she gets is unwarranted. So to counteract that, I'm gonna start calling out any player that has a high volume, low shooting percentage game who doesn't get criticized the way Arike does. Today, I'm looking at you Kelsey Mitchell. 6-18 from the floor, 1-9 behind the arc (which means she was okay inside the arc).

Oh, Lynx win 87-80.
When it comes to Ogunbowale, you have a West Coast mentality. UConn fans don't care about other players with a high volume, low shooting percentage. Well, this UConn fan does not.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This is the second really good game in a row for Lexie. Crystal had another solid game. Collier had one of those games where at the end you suddenly realize she did an awful lot without calling much attention to herself.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
When it comes to Ogunbowale, you have a West Coast mentality. UConn fans don't care about other players with a high volume, low shooting percentage. Well, this UConn fan does not.
I do, but I still have an especial distaste for Ogunbowale. Not a fan of Kelsey Mitchell, but I have nothing against her.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I do, but I still have an especial distaste for Ogunbowale. Not a fan of Kelsey Mitchell, but I have nothing against her.

I think that's it. I completely understand why many don't like her personally, but I think it effects how they see her as a basketball player.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is the second really good game in a row for Lexie. Crystal had another solid game. Collier had one of those games where at the end you suddenly realize she did an awful lot without calling much attention to herself.

Ahem, but has anyone noticed that Crystal has "quietly" become a starter for the Lynx? :cool: She getting it done every night!!! I found it interesting on draft night that some questioned her ability to play at this level because of her 5'5" stature. It doesn't appear that her height is posing a problem.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ahem, but has anyone noticed that Crystal has "quietly" become a starter for the Lynx? :cool: She getting it done every night!!! I found it interesting on draft night that some questioned her ability to play at this level because of her 5'5" stature. It doesn't appear that her height is posing a problem.

I for one am pleasantly surprised that Crystal looks so comfortable on the offensive side of the ball. Being
5' 5" is a real issue and she has to overcome it with clever movement and confident shooting. She is scoring at all 3 levels and getting more comfortable with leading the team. Even defensively, she is competing pretty well and I love when she gets rebounds.

Still, she will undoubtedly return to the backup PG role when Sims gets back but I expect significant minutes.

Reaction Score
I for one am pleasantly surprised that Crystal looks so comfortable on the offensive side of the ball. Being
5' 5" is a real issue and she has to overcome it with clever movement and confident shooting. She is scoring at all 3 levels and getting more comfortable with leading the team. Even defensively, she is competing pretty well and I love when she gets rebounds.

Still, she will undoubtedly return to the backup PG role when Sims gets back but I expect significant minutes.
I think being a backup for Sims will be a good place for Crystal in her early career. I'm very impressed with how well she's done so far, but there's still so much to learn at this level.

Reaction Score
i wouldn't be surprised if she continues to start when sims is back. sims is more of a 2-guard (or is better as a 2-guard). brown and banham off the bench.

Reaction Score
i wouldn't be surprised if she continues to start when sims is back. sims is more of a 2-guard (or is better as a 2-guard). brown and banham off the bench.

Brown off the bench after the two games she just had? That’s not going to happen until Brown comes crashing back to earth. Reeve will definitely ride the hot hand.

Has Dangerfield’s hand been hot enough to keep Sims on the bench? That depends on how ready Sims turns out to be. Sims will definitely be given every opportunity to start considering all the effort she’s put in getting back in shape after having a baby and coming into the bubble with her newborn. It’s unrealistic to think Reeve will treat that effort like it’s no big deal. Only way Sims isn’t rewarded is if it turns out she‘s not able to help the team. I don’t think that’s going to happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom