I'm assuming everyone is content with our play | The Boneyard

I'm assuming everyone is content with our play

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We got the win, right? That's all that matters. We played absolutely awful against one of the worst teams in college basketball. This play shouldn't be acceptable but every game for the last year or two it gets swept under the rug because we squeak out a win. No adjustments throughout the game and we came out flat to start the game, again. There should be standards at UCONN and just squeaking out wins over horrendous teams shouldn't be tolerated. This isn't Syracuse.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
You say every game for the past year or two, but we’ve been on an upward trajectory for the past year or two so…yes?

Some of you guys have apparently never dealt with bumps in the road. Maybe you need greater challenges in your life.

Reaction Score
We got the win, right? That's all that matters. We played absolutely awful against one of the worst teams in college basketball. This play shouldn't be acceptable but every game for the last year or two it gets swept under the rug because we squeak out a win. No adjustments throughout the game and we came out flat to start the game, again. There should be standards at UCONN and just squeaking out wins over horrendous teams shouldn't be tolerated. This isn't Syracuse.
We’re all STILL happy with the win. No one was ever content with our play

Reaction Score
I don't understand a coach watching his team implode and becoming a spectator. What other top Coaches do this? We'll be better with Martin back but it won't solve the problem against better teams.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This is the team that takes top 5 teams in the country to the wire of course we are content with our play. /s

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don't understand a coach watching his team implode and becoming a spectator. What other top Coaches do this? We'll be better with Martin back but it won't solve the problem against better teams.
Don't get it twisted. I'm a big Hurley fan and think he should be our coach, but these things are reoccurring issues and they aren't getting fixed.

Reaction Score
Yup….,,that was impressive

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure no one, fans, coaches, players are content with tonights game. I am also pretty sure its important to keep things in context. It was a bad game. We still won. Move on. The positives were our fifth year seniors. Thats it.

Reaction Score
I was annoyed by the past two games. These two games did nothing to make the team better for the season.

Reaction Score
We have one guard worthy of a top 25 team right now in Cole. Hopefully we will have another at some point as Hawkins develops. College is a guards game more often than not. We don't have enough good or ready ones right now. Tough to have a smooth offense with such a thin backcourt and quite frankly not a whole lot of offensively versatile players. A lot of solid role players, not a lot of handlers, creators, shooters, scorers. If we never recruit another raw offensive player I will be happy. Maybe a center if he is a beast defensively and on the boards.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Without Martin, and if Sanogo can’t get post position close to the basket, we just will struggle to score.

Reaction Score
Tough to play a cupcake after a tough weekend of high level play. It’s almost guaranteed to go poorly.

Reaction Score
Don't get it twisted. I'm a big Hurley fan and think he should be our coach, but these things are reoccurring issues and they aren't getting fixed.
Sure- but it’s getting old. His “mum” attitude on giving reporters and fans the bare minimum about players (apparently along with Martin’s injury, Sanogo is hurt too) to not having his guys prepared in first halves of games and needing to scrape to get by (or lose). It is reoccurring and there needs to be some introspection or changes on his part. He is stubborn though, so I’m not sure that will happen.

Reaction Score
Hurley’s lack of in-game adjustments regardless of opponent continues to be a disturbing trend. Ok you have a bad half. But how do you not blow the doors out of them second half? Concerning.
I don’t understand what half of you people think. I’m sure he had a plan for the second half, kind of hard to make the plan work when you turn the ball over and miss shots. You can have all the game plans in the world but if people aren’t executing then what good are they?

Reaction Score
I’m not happy with our offense, that’s for sure. We need a good offense coach period. Any other ranked team has so much more creativity, better ways to get open, actual real offensive schemes.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Martin out maybe a month. He is our offensive rebounding. He is a legit threat to score double digits. Plays super hard. Huge loss.
Yeah he brings the toughness. He never backs down and like you said he’s the offensive rebounding. And with sanogo out we have to adapt and quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom