If you could have dinner with any two Huskies who would they be | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If you could have dinner with any two Huskies who would they be

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I’ve been fortunate to chat with a few over the years, Geno, Tina, Diana, Jamelle, and Saylor. I would pick any of them. This is a tough choice. I think the pairing would make a difference. I’d pick Sue and Dee, with Paige and Nika coming off the bench. I love Nika’s personality.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking Sue Bird and Geno A. I realize he not a former player, but what a great conversationalist.

Reaction Score
Being an old timer, I would choose Lobo and Berube (or maybe Elliot).
Lobo because she is so intelligent in so many areas and Berube/Elliot because I loved how they were able to consistently perform at a level that , I think, was above their natural athletic ability. They were a joy to watch.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well, I'd have two separate diners. One with Tierney Lawlor about intensive farming and animal husbandry, which would be, at least to me, interesting topics over dinner. Second with Big Mama, who I'd try my best to be as entertaining and interesting as she over the course of the meal...and I guarantee the adult beverages would be flowing.

Reaction Score
Wow this is like being put into a round room and asked to sit in a corner. :confused: :eek:
I would prefer to have dinner with two from every season to lesson the task of choosing just two overall. To be fair to the thread I'll go with Carla Berube and Kia Nurse.
Now should Jen Rizzotti be sitting at the bar I hope it would not be in inappropriate to ask her to join us for desert. Of course I would break out my "95" SI with her on the cover to finally get her to autograph it. ;)

Reaction Score
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis because she's my all time favorite player. And Katie Lou Samuelson because she made my all time favorite remark from a player when she was being interviewed with her terrible black eye and her inner Rocky came out as she dead panned, "Cut me, Mick". I still laugh when I think about that one.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I first thought Dolson and Doty, thinking they would be as entertaining at the table as they were making videos.

But then it occurred to me that Elliot and Ralph, both former players and long time coaches, could tell stories about Auriemma well into the night.

Reaction Score
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis because she's my all time favorite player. And Katie Lou Samuelson because she made my all time favorite remark from a player when she was being interviewed with her terrible black eye and her inner Rocky came out as she dead panned, "Cut me, Mick". I still laugh when I think about that one.
My favorite is Sveta's quote (in her cute Russian accent): "Basketball is an easy game, coach makes it hard".

Reaction Score
If you could have dinner with any two former or current Husky player whom would it be and why?

For me the first would be Svetlana Abrosimova. I loved this young lady from the minute that I watched her play. Knew that she was going to be a star and she turned out to be. If not for injury she would have been in the UConn Top 10.

Second, without any hesitation is Paige Bueckers. Who wouldn’t want to have dinner this this young Phenom? Just to ask how did she go about changing the face of how UConn ball and how it was played this past year.

Many of you have mentioned Mel, which is awesome. She would have been on my list as well but we are friends.

Please don't forget to include the why for the players that you chose. That's the fun part.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom