If Polley isn’t making three’s, what good is he on the floor? | The Boneyard

If Polley isn’t making three’s, what good is he on the floor?

Reaction Score
He's also getting too shot happy. I know he was hot there for a couple games but now he's throwing up a lot of difficult shots. He was 1-6 from three today. Need to get him easier threes and he'll make those.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Had a couple great games but has to realize when it's not happening, he doesnt have to shoot his self out of it with a Steph Curry heat check every few minutes. Do the little things and shoot when open. Dont force.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Had a couple great games but has to realize when it's not happening, he doesnt have to shoot his self out of it with a Steph Curry heat check every few minutes. Do the little things and shoot when open. Dont force.
if he misses shots it's fine, it's that he's a liability on the other end

Reaction Score
Polley was forcing it on a bad night and coach let him hurt our chances of winning down the stretch hoping he would make a clutch 3.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
I've been a big supporter of Polley, and will continue to be, but . . . he did not look good today. Defense was suspect, only 1 board, no impact on the game.
In his defense, after St. John's mysteriously decided to see, five times, whether Cole could shoot the 3 when left alone, St. John's was stingy with their defense and did not give up many open 3s. They certainly were draped all over Polley, who didn't work hard enough to create separation.

On the other hand, if Bouk was in this game, he darn well may have had 50, with 25 or so from the line, and that would have opened everything up.

Kudos to the Johnies - they outplayed us, and played great D.

We missed 6 or more bunnies, had 6 or more terrible turnovers, and missed a few frees late.

Tough loss, but our loss total is now what? 3 points? We'll get there.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He had some ill advised shots, but the shot at the end was probably the worst decision I’ve seen made. Not a clean look, not in rhythm, still have 8 seconds and only down 2.
I would say attack the basket but...
1. Cole can’t drive.
2. Polley can’t drive.
3. Martin can drive but will miss the layup and FTs.
4. Whaley can’t drive.
5. Adams was doing something idk what.

So in reality it was maybe the highest percentage chance we had to score - but I hate the play call.

Reaction Score
Down the stretch there was a great play where Tyrese curled for a layup and missed. Polley had gone to the corner. Instead of breaking for the rim he stood there and watched as if to wait for someone to get the rebound and pass to him. There were no other bigs in the game to get the rebound and we lost a crucial possession. Polley insists on being one dimensional.

Reaction Score
I try to take +/- with a grain of salt because I don’t think it tells the whole story, but Polley was -18 tonight. In a game we lost by 4, that just tells me something was off while he was in the game. Unfortunately, it just wasn’t his night. I am confident he will be better moving forward. There are about 29 more reasons why we lost the game. Just looking forward to moving on and player better next time

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
He's a guy who got whacked in the eye a few days ago, may have had an effect on his shooting. He's also a 6'9" guy who will always have trouble defending a shorter and much quicker guy driving on him. (Gary McGhee of Pitt could show you what can happen) But we're a little short on quick solid defensive guys when there are 5 drivers on the floor.

That said, he has to be more active on the boards.

Reaction Score
He's a guy who got whacked in the eye a few days ago, may have had an effect on his shooting. He's also a 6'9" guy who will always have trouble defending a shorter and much quicker guy driving on him. (Gary McGhee of Pitt could show you what can happen) But we're a little short on quick solid defensive guys when there are 5 drivers on the floor.

That said, he has to be more active on the boards.
Not sure it had anything to do with his eye. It was more poor shot selection. I noticed it last game also. As I said above he's getting shot happy by throwing up all kinds of threes no matter where he is, when he's off balance and when he's not in rhythm. I think the Marquette game and most of the Butler game gave him too much confidence. He did hit some difficult shots in those 2 games but those things don't last that long. He needs to get back to taking good shots and he'll hit them. I'm pretty sure the one three he did hit today his feet were set, he was squared up and he was open. It was a good shot and he hit it.

Reaction Score
What are we supposed to do? Ask him if he's planning on hitting shots today.... then play him or don't play him based on his answer.

He's in because he can hit a shot.

Reaction Score
After two games people were calling him a lottery pick. This has been his whole career. Sanogo should’ve been in until he either fouled out or need an IV
And the same people are probably the ones acting like he doesn’t belong on the team. These are the same people that insiders say you need to chill out because recruited player families read this crap... just chill. It’s a loss we need guys focusing on Creighton and getting this season back on track. Let the staff figure out what went wrong because they don’t read this when it comes to X’s and O’s And who should or shouldn’t be playing.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
And the same people are probably the ones acting like he doesn’t belong on the team. These are the same people that insiders say you need to chill out because recruited player families read this crap... just chill. It’s a loss we need guys focusing on Creighton and getting this season back on track. Let the staff figure out what went wrong because they don’t read this when it comes to X’s and O’s And who should or shouldn’t be playing.
What are people saying that’s terrible? He needs to play better defense. He was getting beat constantly. That should be a wake up call. The staff were the ones who didn’t play sanogo. We need bouknight back bc we have no half court offense

Reaction Score
The fact that at 6ft 9 he had one rebound in 26 minutes is criminal
At that height you can walk into 3 or 4. Like defense, rebounding is hustle and want to. He wants no part.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom