Ice on Fire | The Boneyard

Ice on Fire

PvP

Reaction Score
Ice Brady has played two games in the FIBA U18 Americas Championship and leads the team in scoring. She has a FG% of 87% and a FT% of 83% while playing less than half the team's minutes per game. All of which is extremely encouraging. A big with very soft hands and a great shot who impacts the game whenever she is on the court. And all that is before Geno and CD and the fitness staff can do their magic. I am sure I am not alone in thinking she will have a significant role even in her Freshman year!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I've been please with the recruitment of Ice Brady. The more I see of her, the more I like her. The fact that she can make bunnies endears her to me. Of course she has a lot to learn and an adjustment to make to play at the "elite" level of WCBB. There's low-level, mid-level and elite-level WCBB. Big difference playing at Colgate in the Patriot League than at UConn. The expectations at the respective programs are different.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

@PvP - Nice job on the thread title!

Reaction Score
I've been please with the recruitment of Ice Brady. The more I see of her, the more I like her. The fact that she can make bunnies endears her to me. Of course she has a lot to learn and an adjustment to make to play at the "elite" level of WCBB. There's low-level, mid-level and elite-level WCBB. Big difference playing at Colgate in the Patriot League than at UConn. The expectations at the respective programs are different.
Hello, I spent 6 years in the Chenango Valley so I know about Patriot League sports in Hamilton, N.Y. 13346
Expectations are high everywhere before the season starts! Adonal Foyle went from Colgate to the the NBA and
one of his suitemates was my nephew! Both were class of 1999 ( I think ). Ms. Brady is already one of
my 11 favorite WBB players!! Cheers, Z

Reaction Score
From the article:

Brady, for the game, scored a game-high 20 points (10-13 FG) to go with eight rebounds, four assists, one steal and one block. She is the first American to hit the 20-point threshold in the tournament. Through three games, Brady is averaging 17.0 points on 82.1% (23-28 FG) shooting from the field.

Reaction Score
Yowza, she's got a soft touch down low with those Bunny layups and short pops......yes, yes, oh yes....:D:D
I enjoyed seeing ICE convert from the low post!! Aalyah Del Rosario appeared be miss more
"bunnies" as (IMO) some tiredness set in. Of course Ms. Del Rosario is still playing at a double
double average: 13 points and 14 rebounds (against El S) and 36 points and 37 rebounds in
three games. You can't teach height! Let's get Aalyah in the conditioning room with Andrea Hurdy!!
Is ICE our unofficial recruiter for the undecided USA team members??

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It’s only gonna get better as her body and game matures. She is 2 inches shorter than the kid at SC but my opinion is that ICE has a better skill set.
Once Geno, CD & Jamelle start working with Ice we should all expect her to improve on her 82% shooting…..:rolleyes:

It’s does appear that Ice is a lock to break into the rotation at UConn as a freshman, and quite frankly, it would not surprise me if she ultimately cracks the starting lineup as a freshman….:eek:

Aside from her skill level, what I am most impressed with is Ice’s court awareness and basketball IQ. Her constant work in the low blocks on offense, her strong post defense and her passing all exhibit a well developed game that will fit in perfectly in Storrs.

Last edited:

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Yes
Aaliyah broke into the starting lineup as a freshman, and Ice may have better offensive skills.
, Aaliyah had less competition than Ice will have. Not that it matters in the long run. After all we want all our players to have skills and greatly improve on them under the tutelage of the best coaching staff in WCBB. " The Ice Lady Cometh!"

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Aaliyah broke into the starting lineup as a freshman, and Ice may have better offensive skills.
I am guessing that you think that Ice may break into the starting lineup so as much as I hate to contribute to another "starting lineup" prognostication thread, who is she going to replace? Especially when no one here has any idea what the lineup will look like when the season starts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom