Ice Brady home visit | The Boneyard

Ice Brady home visit

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I stumbled onto this earlier this evening. I’m not sure if it’s old or not.
5D92BD82-C1BA-4928-8C50-F944ADB6990B.jpeg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Geno and Chris Dailey is a hard "tag-team" combination to say no to. One has to be very impressed to have two HOF coaches sitting in YOUR living room, beckoning you to come to UConn to fulfill your destiny.

I'm going to step out on a limb here and predict that Brady will "quickly" become a fan favorite. :) A no-nonsense BIG that will go about her business, quickly learn the system and her teammates. At 6-3, she'll make her presence known to all of those around her on and off the court.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Geno and Chris Dailey is a hard "tag-team" combination to say no to. One has to be very impressed to have two HOF coaches sitting in YOUR living room, beckoning you to come to UConn to fulfill your destiny.

I'm going to step out on a limb here and predict that Brady will "quickly" become a fan favorite. :) A no-nonsense BIG that will go about her business, quickly learn the system and her teammates, and make her presence known to all of those around her on and off the court.
I think you are stepping out on a pretty strong limb there!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I'm going to step out on a limb here and predict that Brady will "quickly" become a fan favorite. :) A no-nonsense BIG that will go about her business, quickly learn the system and her teammates. At 6-3, she'll make her presence known to all of those around her on and off the court.
Here is Pheesa's story on her recruitment.

In the end,

1) UConn player development
2) Geno and CD promised nothing. Earn every minute or sit. You suck, you sit. Pheesa really liked that
3) The way the coaches see the game is unique. She is saying this even after multiple WNBA seasons

(43) Napheesa Collier's Recruitment Process - Through the Lens - YouTube

Wish we had other Alumnae give their stories in such detail

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Here is Pheesa's story on her recruitment.

In the end,

1) UConn player development
2) Geno and CD promised nothing. Earn every minute or sit. You suck, you sit. Pheesa really liked that
3) The way the coaches see the game is unique. She is saying this even after multiple WNBA seasons

(43) Napheesa Collier's Recruitment Process - Through the Lens - YouTube

Wish we had other Alumnae give their stories in such detail
Thanks for posting this eebmg. I've seen this before, but.............it highlights the importance of really focusing on what really matters to you as a recruit. As her father pointed out, forget the aesthetics, the ambiance and all of the pomp and circumstance (and the promises coaches make), and really focus on, and look for the things that are important to YOU.

Things (people) that will help you get to where you want to be in four years. Nice facilities and ambiance won't get you there. Did you notice how Napheesa emphasized that NOTHING was ever promised to her by UConn?!? She respected that, and it appealed to her. It appeals to ALL of the players Geno and CD recruit. They know going in exactly what to expect.

EVERY college recruit should watch this video. They can all learn from someone that has gone through the trials and tribulations of recruiting before them. Once you know what you want, keep looking for it until you find it. Don't settle for something less. It's like looking for THAT house when you're house hunting, you'll know it when you see it! Stay true to yourself and never sell out because someone else (parents, family members, HS or AAU coaches) thinks you should go to a certain school. They may have your best interest in mind, but they're not the ones that will have to commit and be there everyday, YOU are.

How many recruits make the wrong choice? Why has the transfer portal become so "popular" in the last 4-5 years? Most of the athletes that transfer are freshmen and sophomores. Disillusioned about things that were promised to them, but never materialized. Maybe it's the lack of playing time, or perhaps their growing distrust (dislike) of their coaches who may have over recruited, or recruited on top of them.

Napheesa and her family took their time, outlined the things that were really important to her, didn't settle, and went with her gut. Obviously she made the right choice. But like her father said, UConn IS NOT for everyone. There's a "briar patch" somewhere with your name on it. All you have to do is find it. Get in where you fit in!! ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom