Ice, Ayanna, Kiki at First Night | The Boneyard

Ice, Ayanna, Kiki at First Night

HGN

Reaction Score
Confirmed by Alexa, and no longer just speculating on our end. :)

Ice, Ayanna , and Kiki attending First Night....WOW ! This may not be Christmas , but it's certainly sounds like Thanksgiving to me. Thankful that Kiki will be attending with 2 girls Committed to Uconn. But she could make it feel like Christmas if she decides to join them with a later Commitment.

Reaction Score
Or will she pull another Hayley Jones and Boston trick....

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Or will she pull another Hayley Jones and Boston trick....
trick? That seems unfair.

Sometimes recruits (Jones and possibly Rice) have good reasons for not picking UConn despite the best efforts of Geno and Chris. Boston's reasons were different for sure but they were hers and that's all that mattered.

Reaction Score
I don’t know whether they played a trick or not, but Haley Jones coming to UCONN when Stanford was in her backyard was a long shot. Boston on the other hand…:( Hopefully, Kiki will join the Huskies next year along with Ice and AP.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Ice, Ayanna , and Kiki attending First Night....WOW ! This may not be Christmas , but it's certainly sounds like Thanksgiving to me. Thankful that Kiki will be attending with 2 girls Committed to Uconn. But she could make it feel like Christmas if she decides to join them with a later Commitment.
If my calculations are correct, class of 2022 recruits can begin signing their letters of intent in 27 days.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I don’t know whether they played a trick or not, but Haley Jones coming to UCONN when Stanford was in her backyard was a long shot. Boston on the other hand…:( Hopefully, Kiki will join the Huskies next year along with Ice and AP.
It’s always been my contention that Boston was shanghaied at the last minute. :mad:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kiki, Ice and Ayanna would make a magnificent trio. I'm hoping for some positive peer pressure.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just a side note. Today UConn FB plays a winnable? game at home vs Yale. I am assuming that the recruits and their hosts will be there. Considering that KiKi Rice’s parents both attended Yale, I wonder who she’ll be rooting for?

Either way, the good news is that it should be a beautiful fall day in Storrs. I hope the young ladies all have a great time.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just a side note. Today UConn FB plays a winnable? game at home vs Yale. I am assuming that the recruits and their hosts will be there. Considering that KiKi Rice’s parents both attended Yale, I wonder who she’ll be rooting for?

Either way, the good news is that it should be a beautiful fall day in Storrs. I hope the young ladies all have a great time.
Just like the team thinking they can be on the UConn Volleyball team, they may think they can help the football team.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
If she gives into peer pressure positive or otherwise, I would consider her weak minded. Who wants a player like that?
I'm hoping for some positive peer pressure.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Let’s hope that the First Nightmare didnt turn off Kiki
Have to hope she doesn't extrapolate and thinks we cant get both baskets up and functional during games. On the other hand, we could have used this as an excuse for 3 x 3.

Reaction Score
Does UConn ever have a glitch free event? Reminded me of every time they have a banner reveal (wall, championship, etc.) in Gampel and the black cover gets stuck almost every time. It's like UConn just wings these things and doesn't plan or care.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:eek: Winnable? Why in the world would we want to subject these recruits to watching UCONN football.
I have a better idea: Take the recruits over to the Field Hockey practice and have then watch some real winners.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t worry too much about the basket hiccup at 1st night, which has always been more of a pep rally than a sporting event. KiKi Rice is a smart young lady who, from all appearances, has undertaken a careful and systematic approach to her recruitment which likely emphasizes relationships with teammates & coaches, academic excellence and basketball opportunity & development.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
:eek: Winnable? Why in the world would we want to subject these recruits to watching UCONN football.
I have a better idea: Take the recruits over to the Field Hockey practice and have then watch some real winners.
It’s a beautiful Saturday in the fall. While UConn football is not much of a show these days, it’s all about hanging out with the WBB team & fellow recruits, interacting with UConn students and fans at the game and maybe having a hot dog & some popcorn. Whether the FB team wins or loses is probably not a very important consideration.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom