2024 Recruiting: - Ian Jackson | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ian Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He’s been locked in on Kentucky already. Add that with Orlando Antigua and it would be quite the upset.

Reaction Score
Fitting that 2024 shooting guard Ian Jackson of Bronx (NY) Cardinal Hayes took the floor during game No. 5 on Sunday because there is zero doubt he'll have five-stars next to his name when 247Sports debuts rankings for the class of 2024. In fact, the 6-foot-4 sophomore looks like he deserves consideration for at least the top five and maybe even the top spot at this early juncture.

Jackson led his team to a blowout win over Chicago (Ill.) DeLaSalle and it wasn't just that he scored 30 points, it was the multiple ways he did so while only taking 18 shots to get there.

A speedy ball handler who is like a heat seeking missile for the rim in transition, Jackson is long, fluid and explosive. The physical tools provide a strong base upon which his skill can rest. He shoots with range, he can really pass the ball, he shows good effort and instincts on the defensive end and he's got loads of personality to go along with it.

Obviously he's just a sophomore and you don't want to put too much into one performance. But, adding an explosion like Sunday's to the early body of work Jackson has already put together on the EYBL circuit and with USA Basketball and it is clear to see he's got real star potential.

Connecticut head coach Dan Hurley was on hand and immediately offered joining others like Kansas State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Seton Hall and St. John's who had previously offered. Those offers figure to be just the tip of the iceberg and the growth of Jackson as a player and recruit is going to be a lot of fun to watch moving forward.

Reaction Score

Ian Jackson continues to emerge as top in the class.

Coming off a huge performance last week at Hoophall, 6-foot-4 sophomore guard Ian Jackson of Bronx (NY) Cardinal Hayes continued to show why he deserves to be in conversation of being within the top five of his class. Jackson shot it well from three, got out in transition, locked in on defense and was fearless attacking the rim. Jackson is fresh off his UConn offer and had assistant coach Luke Murray, and Kimani Young in attendance along with coaches from St. Johns and Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
We're Jackson's first offer since OK State offered in August. Interesting there's quite a gap.

Reaction Score
UConn: “It means a lot for a school from where I'm from looking out and noticing me. I'm glad to get that offer. It meant a lot. It shows me they're really interested in my game and really want me to come to their school.”

The Kentucky and Duke love makes my stomach turn. :eek:

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
UConn: “It means a lot for a school from where I'm from looking out and noticing me. I'm glad to get that offer. It meant a lot. It shows me they're really interested in my game and really want me to come to their school.”

The Kentucky and Duke love makes my stomach turn. :eek:

Yeah we need to start whooping some butts on the court to change that narrative. A lot of these kids probably don’t even remember us being an elite program even though coaches and parents may say that we are/were.

When we won in 2014, we were already a few years away from our dominant years, and we’re talking about a 16/17 year old recruit being 8 or 9 at the time of that title.

Us winning a big game against a top program in the tournament would go a long way. A deep run with a chatter about a Kemba and Bazz type run obviously even better.

Reaction Score

Five-star Ian Jackson​

Recent Quotes (good news):
ON THE ENTIRE UCONN STAFF WATCHING HIM IN A RECENT GAME
“I didn’t even notice at first. Then somebody told me they were there watching. I looked over and saw them.”
ON UCONN
“I have had a few talks with them already. I like the program. It’s a winning program and I like that. I like that it’s out east, where I’m from.”

Bad news:
ON HIS DREAM SCHOOL
Kentucky or Florida State.

FSU & Kentucky haven't offered yet, too early apparently. Glad that DH & Co are all in on him knowing not top of his personal list...yet anyway.

Side notes: Rivals has Clinigan up to #27 in 2022 & Castle up to #25 in 2023.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ian’s a good player. Probably UConn or UK.
They wanted Danny to offer after watching game in person, has more of a recruiting impact. So don’t read too much into that we hadn’t offered yet.
Chief

Reaction Score
Ian’s a good player. Probably UConn or UK.
They wanted Danny to offer after watching game in person, has more of a recruiting impact. So don’t read too much into that we hadn’t offered yet.
Chief
I think UConn has offered, article said KY & FSU haven't offered yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom