I rewatched the November Stanford game last night. | The Boneyard

I rewatched the November Stanford game last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Lordy me, how things change! That game was pretty much the Bria and Kiah show. Stewie was in a funk, Stef was throwing up shots (at least four) from just behind or just in front of the arc (missed them all), MoJet looked dazed and confused (although extremely active). Morgan got in some good minutes and Saniya hit a couple of threes to get the scoring started (after the Huskies managed to score all of two points in the first seven minutes!) Both Saniya and BB got quite a lot of playing time, as did Morgan. Even KML before her injury did not seem very focused. The team that will take the floor on Sunday will be a much more finely-tuned unit than that one was.

Stanford looked very slow, compared to the Huskies. No one other than Orrange and Ogwumake showed much. In the normal course of events, bar injuries and acts of God, I think we win by 15-20

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Lordy me, how things change! That game was pretty much the Bria and Kiah show. Stewie was in a funk, Stef was throwing up shots (at least four) from just behind or just in front of the arc (missed them all), MoJet looked dazed and confused (although extremely active). Morgan got in some good minutes and Saniya hit a couple of threes to get the scoring started (after the Huskies managed to score all of two points in the first seven minutes!) Both Saniya and BB got quite a lot of playing time, as did Morgan. Even KML before her injury did not seem very focused. The team that will take the floor on Sunday will be a much more finely-tuned unit than that one was.

Stanford looked very slow, compared to the Huskies. No one other than Orrange and Ogwumake showed much. In the normal course of events, bar injuries and acts of God, I think we win by 15-20

Pretty much what I saw Z.

I neglected to bring up Dolson's performance in my game analysis. I remember many posters upset with all the 3 point shots she took in that game. It's a good shot to take occasionally just to loosen up the defense a little, but in that game she was 3 point happy. I haven't seen her do that since then.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I think that Bria may just be the most under-appreciated player in wcbb. (Except maybe MoJet!) Her constant ferocious attacking, both on offense and defense give her value to the team far beyond her stats, which in and of themselves are pretty damn good. Watching the replay last night brought to mind yesterday's thread about her keeping the ball too much on breaks. She DOES keep the ball a l0t, but nearly always scores or gets fouled. On one play in the Stanford game, she was out on a naked break, and drove right by three, count em, three Stanford defenders to score. From the left side! She has almost unbelievable body control and elasticity on those drives.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Great analysis - BUT - that Stanford team is a shell of the team now playing as well.
You can say 'slow' all you want, but in the Sw16 they held Lucas to 6 points, which was only the second time that has happened in 120 games. Lucas is not exactly blazing with speed, but she is a constant motion offensive player and defenders have to chase her all the time.
Now I am not saying Uconn doesn't have a speed advantage but Tara and her team are smart and are adept at covering up team deficiencies.
I hope and think we should win easily, but I thought 2010 was going to be a cake walk, and I ends up on oxygen by half-time!!!

Reaction Score

Stewie has been playing poorly. KML has been playing great.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Great analysis - BUT - that Stanford team is a shell of the team now playing as well.
You can say 'slow' all you want, but in the Sw16 they held Lucas to 6 points, which was only the second time that has happened in 120 games. Lucas is not exactly blazing with speed, but she is a constant motion offensive player and defenders have to chase her all the time.
Now I am not saying Uconn doesn't have a speed advantage but Tara and her team are smart and are adept at covering up team deficiencies.
I hope and think we should win easily, but I thought 2010 was going to be a cake walk, and I ends up on oxygen by half-time!!!

So did many of us. That first half was just totally inexplicable. I have re-watched it several times and still don't believe it. Tara is an excellent coach, prolly one of the best half-dozen in the game, but that does not explain why it is that the Huskies' wide-open shots seem to turn into bricks for long stretches against the Cardinal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom