I miss wire chief's tests | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I miss wire chief's tests

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Damn...just reading this.

Reaction Score
This post gave me some pause for thought, especially in today's atmosphere. I joined the Boneyard a couple of years ago and have had so much pleasure interacting with various members like Carnac, Bigboote, BamaFan, Old Dog and MsGret just to name a few. As you get older you begin to realize how important it is to be connected to other members of our human race and, more importantly, just how much more we have in common than we do in our differences. I think that the Boneyard is a great example of people being able to express their different opinions with civility and without rancor. Not everyone agrees with my opinion of who is better than who at rebounding, passing or shooting but we all agree that it is enjoyable to tell me why I'm wrong.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This post gave me some pause for thought, especially in today's atmosphere. I joined the Boneyard a couple of years ago and have had so much pleasure interacting with various members like Carnac, Bigboote, BamaFan, Old Dog and MsGret just to name a few. As you get older you begin to realize how important it is to be connected to other members of our human race and, more importantly, just how much more we have in common than we do in our differences. I think that the Boneyard is a great example of people being able to express their different opinions with civility and without rancor. Not everyone agrees with my opinion of who is better than who at rebounding, passing or shooting but we all agree that it is enjoyable to tell me why I'm wrong.
Steelerone you have me by a couple of months but I agree with everything that you said. I have enjoyed the Boneyard immensely and also enjoy interacting with many of the various members. I don't use facebook or twitter because it's just not my as they say "cup of tea" with all of the animosity and stuff. Here on the "Yard" there is more civility and for most of the time no rancor, but we have a very dedicated group of "MODS" that do a great job of handling it. I enjoy the site because most of the people that are here a very dedicated to UConn and the young ladies as well as Woman's College Basketball. They are very knowledgeable and are great to interact with. You learn things about the young ladies of UConn and the history of the program. The members are well behaved compared to a lot of other social media platforms to include other WBB boards. I'm very grateful to meeting Bob, a UConn basketball fan at Circus Circus Hotel in Reno, taking him and his wife to the UConn - UNR game and having a late dinner with them afterwords. They were the one's that turned me to the Boneyard, checked it out, and joined in December 2017.

Reaction Score
RIP. And Go Huskies. He and I scrapped over his questions and answers in a lighthearted manner. But we agreed on the UConn ladies.

"They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
Out of a misty dream
Our path emerges for awhile, then closes
Within a dream."
Great eulogy Bama. You have the soul of a poet. When my time comes my ashs will be scattered over the Three Rivers. You can think of something as long as it includes my Steelers.

Reaction Score
Steelerone you have me by a couple of months but I agree with everything that you said. I have enjoyed the Boneyard immensely and also enjoy interacting with many of the various members. I don't use facebook or twitter because it's just not my as they say "cup of tea" with all of the animosity and stuff. Here on the "Yard" there is more civility and for most of the time no rancor, but we have a very dedicated group of "MODS" that do a great job of handling it. I enjoy the site because most of the people that are here a very dedicated to UConn and the young ladies as well as Woman's College Basketball. They are very knowledgeable and are great to interact with. You learn things about the young ladies of UConn and the history of the program. The members are well behaved compared to a lot of other social media platforms to include other WBB boards. I'm very grateful to meeting Bob, a UConn basketball fan at Circus Circus Hotel in Reno, taking him and his wife to the UConn - UNR game and having a late dinner with them afterwords. They were the one's that turned me to the Boneyard, checked it out, and joined in December 2017.
Amen to each and every word and thought MSGRET.

Reaction Score
I never got a chance to interact with WireChief but he sounds like the type of person who personifies the Boneyard. May God take his hand and he Rest In Peace.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Great eulogy Bama. You have the soul of a poet. When my time comes my ashs will be scattered over the Three Rivers. You can think of something as long as it includes my Steelers.
Thanks, but I merely quoted a true poet. But if you dearly love the Steelers, do not have your ashes scattered over the three rivers. They will end up in Weirton or Cincinnati! ;)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Steelerone you have me by a couple of months but I agree with everything that you said. I have enjoyed the Boneyard immensely and also enjoy interacting with many of the various members. I don't use facebook or twitter because it's just not my as they say "cup of tea" with all of the animosity and stuff. Here on the "Yard" there is more civility and for most of the time no rancor,
you have much more control on those other platforms... they are not strangers to you like here on the Boneyard. Facebook is a fantastic social media site to stay connected with Family and Friends. Sharing my personal business with strangers is weird. You can pick and choose who you want as friends on Facebook. I don't know why FB gets a bad rap'

Reaction Score
Thanks, but I merely quoted a true poet. But if you dearly love the Steelers, do not have your ashes scattered over the three rivers. They will end up in Weirton or Cincinnati! ;)
Weirton is the most depressing city I have ever gone through. As you approach the city on top of a hill you can look down and see the darkness falling on the city at noontime. It is the greatest example of the greed of the coal miner owners that exists in America. Maybe drop the ashs off at Heinz Field.

Reaction Score
you have much more control on those other platforms... they are not strangers to you like here on the Boneyard. Facebook is a fantastic social media site to stay connected with Family and Friends. Sharing my personal business with strangers is weird. You can pick and choose who you want as friends on Facebook. I don't know why FB gets a bad rap'
Daddy. not sure what you mean by "personal business" but the things we share here are, for the most part, everyday items shared by millions regardless of who they are or what their political leanings are. Basketball, music, movies. Yes, we have personal choices among these but it's like a book. It doesn't matter what you read, it does matter if you read. The difference between here and facebook is that this is closely monitered. Things like personal insults are not allowed and civility is at all times required. Something that we all should share.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Daddy. not sure what you mean by "personal business" but the things we share here are, for the most part, everyday items shared by millions regardless of who they are or what their political leanings are. Basketball, music, movies. Yes, we have personal choices among these but it's like a book. It doesn't matter what you read, it does matter if you read. The difference between here and facebook is that this is closely monitered. Things like personal insults are not allowed and civility is at all times required. Something that we all should share.
your friends on Facebook wouldn't insult you... I have no clue who informed you that Facebook is an evil place. Personally I've been insulted here 10x more than on Facebook. I been around here since 2004. I'm not trying to sway you to join FB but trashing another platform to raise up The Boneyard isn't necessary, BY is an awesome platform and so is Facebook. On Facebook, Renee, Cassie (and her newborn), Tahirah (and all her children) along with Maria (and her daughter) is an awesome place to understand who these young ladies are without all the assumptions you may find elsewhere. Twitter as well with the new recruits, current and former players from UConn and other team. I rather know the person instead of the "shut up and dribble" attitude. BTW have you ever tried FB or Twitter on is it all hearsay?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
your friends on Facebook wouldn't insult you... I have no clue who informed you that Facebook is an evil place. Personally I've been insulted here 10x more than on Facebook. I been around here since 2004. I'm not trying to sway you to join FB but trashing another platform to raise up The Boneyard isn't necessary, BY is an awesome platform and so is Facebook. On Facebook, Renee, Cassie (and her newborn), Tahirah (and all her children) along with Maria (and her daughter) is an awesome place to understand who these young ladies are without all the assumptions you may find elsewhere. Twitter as well with the new recruits, current and former players from UConn and other team. I rather know the person instead of the "shut up and dribble" attitude. BTW have you ever tried FB or Twitter on is it all hearsay?
I do quite a bit of Facebook, and while I have never been insulted by a friend, I just watched someone I don't know have a complete - and wildly uncalled for - meltdown over a FB friend's post by interpreting something completely non-political as political. So it certainly does happen on Facebook, not the first time I have seen it.

My problem with Facebook - and easily ignored when I choose to - is the ignorant comments by so many people to news articles that turn up in my feed. It does not seem to matter what an article is about, there are instantly a ton of nasty comments and worse if there is political content. So in that regard, the Boneyard is a relief from that sort of thing; while I admit there is a lot of content on the BY I don't read, I have rarely seen major conflict and political matters are generally kept away. Hooray!!!!

I don't do Twitter, but I have absolutely no objection to it.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I do quite a bit of Facebook, and while I have never been insulted by a friend, I just watched someone I don't know have a complete - and wildly uncalled for - meltdown over a FB friend's post by interpreting something completely non-political as political. So it certainly does happen on Facebook, not the first time I have seen it.

My problem with Facebook - and easily ignored when I choose to - is the ignorant comments by so many people to news articles that turn up in my feed. It does not seem to matter what an article is about, there are instantly a ton of nasty comments and worse if there is political content. So in that regard, the Boneyard is a relief from that sort of thing; while I admit there is a lot of content on the BY I don't read, I have rarely seen major conflict and political matters are generally kept away. Hooray!!!!

I don't do Twitter, but I have absolutely no objection to it.
the comments on the articles's website or under the post within Facebook? As a Facebook user you do know who you're selecting as friends or family and you can basically narrow it down to who stuff you want to see. I really wish folks could enjoy everything the internet offers

Reaction Score
Either you didn't read what I said or misinterpreted it. Have a nice life.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
the comments on the articles's website or under the post within Facebook? As a Facebook user you do know who you're selecting as friends or family and you can basically narrow it down to who stuff you want to see. I really wish folks could enjoy everything the internet offers
To be clear, the nasty comments related to articles are those by complete strangers. I get articles from both the Washington Post and collected from various sources by MSN on my Facebook news-feed. I read some (not all) of them and read some (not all) of the comments related to them. The worst of humanity on display, regardless of the article's topic or slant, if any.

The specific incident I mentioned was a Facebook friend's friend attacking her for (supposedly) sharing a nasty political post. Why she thought it was political was beyond me.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
To be clear, the nasty comments related to articles are those by complete strangers. I get articles from both the Washington Post and collected from various sources by MSN on my Facebook news-feed. I read some (not all) of them and read some (not all) of the comments related to them. The worst of humanity on display, regardless of the article's topic or slant, if any.

The specific incident I mentioned was a Facebook friend's friend attacking her for (supposedly) sharing a nasty political post. Why she thought it was political was beyond me.
sooooooo none of this was on your Facebook page, the "friend of a friend's comment was on your friend's page... and the Post comments are definitely 3rd party in which you click on a link to read the article and then scroll down to see that "others" may post in the comment section hmmm. I'd say none of this is "facebook's fault". You have to move around to see stuff that may not be of interest to you. Almost like going to the Men's board or the Cesspool. Hey I can't convince you guys otherwise about Facebook but I'll continue to say Facebook and other Social platforms get a bad wrap.

Sorry for hijacking Wire Chief's post

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom