- I just watched a wonderful WBB game! | The Boneyard

- I just watched a wonderful WBB game!

Reaction Score
Earlier tonight I watched the Vanderbilt at Arkansas game, won by Arkansas, 84-81 on a last second 3 pointer!
Vandy had only 8 healthy players, 3 starters were out for the season before the season even started! One ACL an 2 Achilles tears!
Vandy was 0-4 in SEC games and Arkansas had 1 SEC loss!
It went back and forth all game every time Arkansas got a lead a Vandy player would score to bring them back in contention!
With about 10 seconds left Vandy brought the ball down court and shot a long 3 to tie it at 81-81 leaving about 5 seconds on the clock, (both teams out of time outs)!
The Arkansas G rushed down the court and shot the ball between the mid-court line and the 3 point line and banked it in with 2 tenths left as the buzzer went off, game over!
I was hoping Shea's team would pull it out but the game was too special to feel disappointed!
That's what sports are all about!

Reaction Score
Shea’s team, not surprisingly, has lots of heart! I’m pretty sure they will be a force to be reckoned with soon. Perhaps as soon as next year, but certainly, by the following year. A healthy team and a couple of stud recruits and/or transfers and Vandy will become first, a nightmare road trip and then, just a nightmare! I wish her all the best! She is one of my top three favorite Huskies ever!

mudblood

Incorrigible optimist
Reaction Score
Earlier tonight I watched the Vanderbilt at Arkansas game, won by Arkansas, 84-81 on a last second 3 pointer!
Vandy had only 8 healthy players, 3 starters were out for the season before the season even started! One ACL an 2 Achilles tears!
Vandy was 0-4 in SEC games and Arkansas had 1 SEC loss!
It went back and forth all game every time Arkansas got a lead a Vandy player would score to bring them back in contention!
With about 10 seconds left Vandy brought the ball down court and shot a long 3 to tie it at 81-81 leaving about 5 seconds on the clock, (both teams out of time outs)!
The Arkansas G rushed down the court and shot the ball between the mid-court line and the 3 point line and banked it in with 2 tenths left as the buzzer went off, game over!
I was hoping Shea's team would pull it out but the game was too special to feel disappointed!
That's what sports are all about!
Is the UConn injury curse now extending to teams coached by UConn alumni??
Head bangHead bang

Reaction Score
It was a wild & wonderful game. A tale of two halves. That first half, it was rough. 27-26, Arkansas at the half. Then that 2nd half, both teams got hot with the shooting. I just hope that people are patient and give Coach Shea time to build the program up. Arkansas and Coach Neighbors. What a fun program and coach to play for. A lot of people don't like his style of play. That is okay. Just as long as the players do, that is all that matters. Saylor Poffenbarger (former UConn talent). Not her best shooting game but she is fun to watch. Arkansas is a perfect fit for her and her game. Wonderful game indeed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom