I Feel Like I Got My Team Back | The Boneyard

I Feel Like I Got My Team Back

Reaction Score
I realize we didn't have Paige, Azzi or Aubrey, but I am very optimistic right now. I also realize that Butler is a poor team and our talent level is so much better. So why the sanguine feelings?

It's because we played like UCONN against Butler. We were aggressive, intense, energetic, defensively minded and we didn't hesitate if we missed a shot or made a turnover. The reason may be Nika, the development of Caroline, the awakening of Liv, Geno loosening the structure on offense, the new players melding with the seniors, a combination of the above or just the proverbial light suddenly turning on. Whatever it was, that was my team out there. They played like UCONN, they acted like UCONN, and they had a great time doing it.

There always will be joy in watching basketball played the right way. The unselfish passing, the ball movement, the doubling on defense and steals, the diving on the floor for a loose ball, and the great shooting. Are we there yet? Not even close. The thing is that to me we are convincingly on that path now with this new look team. I expect tomorrow to be even more UCONNish and certainly far more than any real life Musketeers can handle. So yes, I am pretty excited.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom