i don't get why Air Force keeps coming up as our primary candidate | Page 2 | The Boneyard

i don't get why Air Force keeps coming up as our primary candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I say bring in the service academies and Temple. That way you still have some type of footprint in PA(and Temple does seem to be improving). Two of the three service schools are within driving distance and may, by virtue of being in a BCS conference, get a boost themselves in recruiting. Plus... you lose 2(Cuse, Pitt) but you gain 4. I think over all you end up with a net gain. Bet ya the Navy game up at the Rent gets a nice boost in ticket sales from the sub base crowd.

The real bottom line is in order to save Big East football the teams have to win big time out of conference games to show that they can compete with anyone. Until a WVU knocks off a top 5 ranked LSU or UConn knocks off a top 10 ranked team the majority will just dismiss the Big East..... and so will the recruits.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I can assure you that I've never said, never implied, nor given anyone any reason to infer that the Rubik's Cube is difficult. On a bad day, after not touching one for a couple of years, I'll still solve the three layer cube in under eighty seconds. The four layer may take up to five minutes but that is because unlike the three or the five layer cube, the centers are not fixed. The mechanics are a bit difficult on the five layer cube (if they made it the best size for movement it would be far too large to market) so if someone moves it as quickly as they would a three or four layer cube they will destroy the gearing by the second time they solve it. This cube normally takes nearly ten minutes to complete.

I ask you, how does a conference that doesn't have mandatory membership in major sports make any sense?

Better question, considering that there have been numerous reports that the ACC would like to expand further to improve its basketball conference but is hesitant as they don't want to weaken its football conference, why have there been no discussions (not even any rumors) about the ACC looking at adding any of Georgetown, Villanova or St John's? These additions would not hinder the football conference at all. They would add major markets (at least Nova & St John's would) and this seems to be the golden ticket. How is it possible that the entirety of the ACC is this blind? How can their management be so lost when a valuable answer is right there in front of them? I really want to know this because I find it mind boggling that the BE is the only major conference in the country that has the vision, intelligence and business acumen to understand this. How is it that we are so much smarter than everyone else (the SEC, ACC, B1G & P-12 primarily)?

Took a full paragraph to make a joke that I'm sure nobody laughed at. Kudos.

What's funny is how think you have better "vision, intelligence and business acumen" than the football schools who haven't split, even though the opportunity has always been on the table.

There are people out there for the schools who have certainly weighed the financial viability of both courses of action and have determined it to be more valuable to stay with the basketball schools. So you can throw out your cute little condescending rant and realize there are people much smarter than you, who have spent way more time evaluating this, and have come to the opposite conclusion as you.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Actually it is the people who do have better options that do not take part in football optional, with football only membership. Everyone who has evaluated this and had the opportunity to leave (save ND) has either left already or offically agreed to join their new home in the not too distant future. Those who haven't yet left have been building a dialog with potential new homes.

Reaction Score
Took a full paragraph to make a joke that I'm sure nobody laughed at. Kudos.

What's funny is how think you have better "vision, intelligence and business acumen" than the football schools who haven't split, even though the opportunity has always been on the table.

There are people out there for the schools who have certainly weighed the financial viability of both courses of action and have determined it to be more valuable to stay with the basketball schools. So you can throw out your cute little condescending rant and realize there are people much smarter than you, who have spent way more time evaluating this, and have come to the opposite conclusion as you.
The only remainders of the original Big East football league are now West Virginia and Rutgers, and aside from Temple who was never a full member and was asked to leave, every other football member has left. Rutgers and West Virginia would too if the the opportunity is presented. As will UCONN and most likely every other football member. The basketball and football members stayed togehter as a marriage of convenience, but in the end, like most such relationships, it didn't last.

Reaction Score
Getting AFA thropws a bone to Navy and TCU. No way Navy is joining solo. It is also an arm twist to Army. Having said all of that, I am opposed, not that the geniuses in the BE care. If we really wanted to invite teams in "eyeball" locations, playing good football, and thereby retain any chance of pretending to be a BCS conference, we would be better served w/ECU, UCF and then a SMU or a Temple. The sad part is we will take on these academies and pretend we our still a BCS conference. We are not. These moves are just exhibit 852389456 as to why the BE will never be considered a top tier league and every legit football team will have no choice but to leave, as soon as someone, anyone reaches out to them.

It sucks to wake up and realize the hot chick you brought home from the bar last night is really anything but. Poor Susan Herbst just woke up and is trying to figure out how to chew off her arm so she doesn't wake the beast lying next to her.

Reaction Score
Getting AFA thropws a bone to Navy and TCU. No way Navy is joining solo. It is also an arm twist to Army. Having said all of that, I am opposed, not that the geniuses in the BE care. If we really wanted to invite teams in "eyeball" locations, playing good football, and thereby retain any chance of pretending to be a BCS conference, we would be better served w/ECU, UCF and then a SMU or a Temple. The sad part is we will take on these academies and pretend we our still a BCS conference. We are not. These moves are just exhibit 852389456 as to why the BE will never be considered a top tier league and every legit football team will have no choice but to leave, as soon as someone, anyone reaches out to them.

It sucks to wake up and realize the hot chick you brought home from the bar last night is really anything but. Poor Susan Herbst just woke up and is trying to figure out how to chew off her arm so she doesn't wake the beast lying next to her.

Your conclusion is correct, but your problem is nowhere near solved by taking ECU and UCF instead of Navy and Air Force. You are kidding yourself if you think that makes us a top tier league either. The point is the Big EAst will not and can not be a top tier football league in the near or intermediate future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom