Husqvarna Weed Eater won't start | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Husqvarna Weed Eater won't start

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I usually let it run dry in the fall before putting it away. Forgot last fall. Just tried starting it, no luck. Not if close.

What the best way to get it started? I already poured the fuel out and replaced it. Did nothing.

Reaction Score
EGO is the way to go!

Attachments

• 79F99D83-9ED9-49C9-B60B-C5F72F766444.png
    79F99D83-9ED9-49C9-B60B-C5F72F766444.png
    903.6 KB · Views: 133
Reaction Score
Only use ethanol free gas. Etha gas blocks the flow of fuel. I’ve got a 25 yo lawnmower and only problem I’ve ever had is when ethanol gas came on the market. Try marinas to buy gas

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'my dear ho is being a beeyotch, and i have to go home and get her started with some fluid.'

comic gold right thar.
u people have no sense of humor.
i hope alla youse have to turn a snap-on outside, on a grey and cold day, in a tight space, and end up with the dreaded 'knuckle buster,' with ur fingers bleeding, and the grease mixing in at the wound.
yes indeedy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Might have to replace the gasket too.

Used to happen to me with my Stihl leaf blower every year and I would have to bring to have it serviced. Then I stopped buying power equipment and started paying someone to do it.
I need to get my Stihl chainsaw started. I do what you do mostly, but there’s minor stuff I do myself. Carb cleaner…I feel like Ben Kenobi hearing the name Obi Wan for the first time in 20 years. Used to use a lot of that stuff back in the day. Guess I’ll give it a shot. Starting chainsaws is a bitch anyway, always feels perilous.

Battery powered stuff is nice, if lacking in power. I used my battery leaf blower to get pollen off the deck and patio and leaves out of my garage.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i buy almost exclusively made in the USA stuff. 'almost' becuz some tools require absolutely, positively, reliably, starting character, and when ur wandering around the forest hacking up timber, your tools must start.
echo, whatever they make, wherever it's used, starts. always.
i have no problems with buying japanese or taiwanese stuff, when there is not a suitable domestic option. they're our pals.

'u just friggin started! why now, why here?'
Tree-Removal-and-Logging-Is-Dangerous-Work-.jpeg

pro tip: don't climb, ever. even if u have all the 'safety' stuff.
climbers are not like u and me. they're different, both physically and mentally. don't climb, ever.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Marinas in CT DO NOT sell ethanol free gas. I am an unwilling expert on the subject. Ethanol breaks down older fuel lines and cleans crap off the inner tanks. Add a water separator filter inline if possible, and don't fill up if you are not going to use it for a while.
Fresh gas is everything now.

Reaction Score
Marinas in CT DO NOT sell ethanol free gas. I am an unwilling expert on the subject. Ethanol breaks down older fuel lines and cleans crap off the inner tanks. Add a water separator filter inline if possible, and don't fill up if you are not going to use it for a while.
Sorry to hear that. Another reason to get out of the northeast we have millions starving and we put corn in the gas tank

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I usually let it run dry in the fall before putting it away. Forgot last fall. Just tried starting it, no luck. Not if close.

What the best way to get it started? I already poured the fuel out and replaced it. Did nothing.

I would start in the shallow end of the pool and just make sure you have spark - clean/replace the plug. Most everything will not prevent it from starting, but will make it run like crap.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

The only place I know that consistently sells no-ethanol gas is freaking Stewarts in a lot of New York state. Once you get north and west of Dutchess County, you can get 91 octane pure gas.

Reaction Score
Sea Foam Motor Treatment. Swear by it. I think you need 1 oz per gallon of gas. If I have old gas left in a tank (I forget to drain sometimes), I’ll add it directly. Mix it in. My gear always starts in a few pulls right after. It’s definitely better to get stabilizer into the gas first, but Sea Foam also cleans the carb on the way through. Great stuff.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Empty the fuel/oil and bring it to the transfer station. If you don't have another use for it, bring the fuel/oil to a household hazardous waste event.

I determined two years ago that between the fickleness of the engine and weight, that fuel-weedwackers is not worth the effort. I am much happier with my battery powered Craftsman.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I always use fuel stabilizer when filling my gas cans for my power tools. As somebody mentioned above Sea Foam works wonders if you do need to add to existing gas and for cleaning the carb. Used it in my ATV all the time since it would be months in-between uses sometimes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom