Husqvarna Weed Eater won't start | The Boneyard

Husqvarna Weed Eater won't start

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I usually let it run dry in the fall before putting it away. Forgot last fall. Just tried starting it, no luck. Not if close.

What the best way to get it started? I already poured the fuel out and replaced it. Did nothing.

Reaction Score
Clean the carburetor. You'll need a can or two of thus stuff (or similar)
071948010758.jpg

Reaction Score
Someone once gave us a gas powered trimmer and I always had problems with it. I have a rechargeable battery operated trimmer and it always runs fine. Not as powerful and the batteries don't last long but it's much quieter and gets the job done. Quiet is the key. Quiet and no exhaust output. :cool:

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I recently learned that all gas powered lawn and garden equipment should use premium gas only. My snowblower wouldn't start. I was using carb cleaner to try to help start it. My buddy suggested swapping the gas with premium and when I did it fired right up.

Reaction Score
Cleaning the carburetor almost always works. Still a pain in the butt though.

Not that this helps, but I highly recommend Greenworks Pro 80V battery operated equipment. It works incredibly well and no more problems with starting stuff.

Reaction Score
I recently learned that all gas powered lawn and garden equipment should use premium gas only. My snowblower wouldn't start. I was using carb cleaner to try to help start it. My buddy suggested swapping the gas with premium and when I did it fired right up.
That’s what new equipment needs, but I’ve been using TruFuel since I had to replace (couldn’t be rebuilt) my snowblower carb after 1 year. My 20+ yo lawnmower ran for years on last years 87 octane, but I throw TruFuel in it now too.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
anything, anywhere, at any time, that burns gasoline, should only have premium, high octane stuff in it. forget 'manufacturer rec's.' that's just nonsense.

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
I usually let it run dry in the fall before putting it away. Forgot last fall. Just tried starting it, no luck. Not if close.

What the best way to get it started? I already poured the fuel out and replaced it. Did nothing.
most of the suggestions above are sound. One quick method I have used is remove the spark plug and pour a small amount of fuel then replace the spark plug and give it a try.

also only use unleaded fuel in small power tools. Any fuel that contains ethanol will crud up after sitting for any length of time.

Reaction Score
I usually put gas stabilizer in it. If that doesn’t work spray some starter fluid in the carb. Just watch out for flames. Worked on my Saab too.

Reaction Score
I have a blower that has trouble starting,I use a cheap turkey baster and draw fuel out of the tank remove the air filter and squirt some fuel into the carb push primer a couple of times starts right up let it run a little before using,doing this for 3 years.gave up on replacing the carb

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i got a john deere backhoe loader kicking around among the flotsam and jetsum of iron here (once had a bit of a problem going to way too many petrowski auctions, sammy!, and coming home with way too much stuff. the Branford cherry creek gang was always there, sucking up everything bigger than a breadbox. kinda like that dave guy from the storage shows, 'yep!'
industrial irrigation pump? sure, i'll use that someday. couple/tree gravely's, a few lockes, basically any neat looking fossil to cut grass, yeppers, i had a bit of a problem. that's all over now, and much has gone to scrapyards. turns out that i really didn't need extra industrial pumps or old fashioned harley rakes).
that beeeyotch is the most tempermental starter. often, and only at certain temps and humidity, it will only start by spraying a ton of starting fluid in, at, around, and/or nearby the intake, which is quite the trick when sorta leaning out from the cab. swing out like a monkey, spray everywhere, swing back, hit the ignition, repeat until successful. only starting fluid does it. many other ideas and products used, including the generic 'let's replace this, let's replace that...' nope. only starting fluid in, around, nearby, in it's general direction..
sometimes, when she is particularly cranky yet needed, i'll say in general conversation, 'i have to leave now. my dear ho is being a beeyotch, and i have to go home and get her started with some fluid.' i think many are not as fluent in the english language as they think. starting fluid is great stuff. has a use in the laundry, too, but that's another story. let's just say that my brother is fond of brake cleaner instead for certain pesky clothing stains.

and iffn one of youse geniuses sez 'vacuum leak' i'll clock ya. every engine starting problem isn't a vacuum leak, or a sensor. some are definitely ghosts and goblins.

anybody need a 5 foot pipe wrench?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom