Husky history - 2010 UConn vs West Virginia | The Boneyard

Husky history - 2010 UConn vs West Virginia

Reaction Score
I still don't think we would would be able go get a glove on Pat White.

Reaction Score
still hungover from this night - that halloween tailgate scene was one for the ages

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Foley's lines were just so good. Those pulling guards and traps were devastating
The beginning of the end for our program at the time was when DeLeone took over the OL and Foley was moved to TE coach.

Foley was as good a teacher of blocking fundamentals as there was. DeLeone may have known about more complex blocking schemes but his ability to teach was lacking and his willingness was basically non-existent. Our OL went down the drain far too quickly and it took a decade to recover.

Reaction Score
The beginning of the end for our program at the time was when DeLeone took over the OL and Foley was moved to TE coach.

Foley was as good a teacher of blocking fundamentals as there was. DeLeone may have known about more complex blocking schemes but his ability to teach was lacking and his willingness was basically non-existent. Our OL went down the drain far too quickly and it took a decade to recover.
Wasn't that a year later?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
In 2011, with the new regime that inherited the bulk of the old staff Foley remained as OL coach. In 2012 GDL took over coaching our offensive line and he basically greased the skids towards mediocrity.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Foley was as good a teacher of blocking fundamentals as there was. DeLeone may have known about more complex blocking schemes but his ability to teach was lacking and his willingness was basically non-existent.
And just to pile on, DeLeone spent the game in the booth. The OL didn't get real time instruction. I remember seeing Pats games and they'd show Belichick working with the OL all the time but UConn couldn't be bothered.

Reaction Score
Think we benefitted from three or four turnovers including Pat white fumbling in the red zone

Google alert. It was Geno smith and they turned it over 4 times

Reaction Score
That game was so fun. Sold out on a Friday night with UConn pulling out a big win. Despite being in the worst seats I've ever had at the Rent (section 215 in the corner), it's still one of my favorite games there.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Now that I think about it, I disliked WVU in football more than anyone else except for Pitt. Could not stand them.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
That was the only game I’ve ever been to in person. This Florida boy remembers it as a very cold but amazing night!

Reaction Score

This. Both literally and as an example of P’s overall philosophy that every brick that HCRE I had laid down had to be torn out and thrown away. Ultimately, that was what doomed P’s reign — not an innate inability to coach a football team, but his enmity for Edsall going back to their shared days on the Syracuse staff causing him not to build upon what he was left (which, to be clear, was a roster lacking at skill positions but everywhere else being the defending Big East champions) but to need to change everything for the sake of not having to worry about sharing credit if things went well.

Reaction Score
The Towson State game was the eye opener for me. Our OL play was so poor that I swear I could have lined up with the Towson State defense a got a sack in that game. I can't remember the kid we had a RT for that game, but my god he was beaten on every single snap.

P inherited an NFL defense from Edsal and Brown had them playing at a very high level. The offense was beyond horrid. Many Cuse fans believe that GDL was poison and I think there is some credence to that.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I won't get into details but I was told (directly from parents of a couple starting linemen) that when GDL took over he would seldom explain anything, berate the players for not knowing things that they had never been taught and when Foley would try to assist, would berate Foley as well.

One of the parents told me if he had the chance he would beat the $!## out of GDL.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This. Both literally and as an example of P’s overall philosophy that every brick that HCRE I had laid down had to be torn out and thrown away. Ultimately, that was what doomed P’s reign — not an innate inability to coach a football team, but his enmity for Edsall going back to their shared days on the Syracuse staff causing him not to build upon what he was left
That is quite the indictment, counselor. A guy making 7 figures cuts his nose off out of spite? But I believe it. P is the one who killed the program. Warde should have canned his ass after year 2. It was so obvious he wasn't the answer then. Every year that goes by I realize more and more just how lousy the rock star truly was.

Reaction Score
That is quite the indictment, counselor. A guy making 7 figures cuts his nose off out of spite? But I believe it. P is the one who killed the program. Warde should have canned his ass after year 2. It was so obvious he wasn't the answer then. Every year that goes by I realize more and more just how lousy the rock star truly was.

I don't think P did it consciously.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom