Hurley's Cam shove | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley's Cam shove

Reaction Score
Travelman32 sounded like he was complaining in his thread that was titled something like "One thing I hope Hurley doesn't do anymore" before it got merged with this thread, and that's who businesslawyer was replying to. The merging makes that less clear.
Ah, fair. I mean, I’d hope he doesn’t do it again, too. That’s an understandable thing to say.

Reaction Score
My wife and I died laughing when we saw it. I both couldn’t believe and could completely believe that it happened. It is what it is that’s just Hurley. I love him.

I really loved Cam’s shrug when Hurley asked if he touched him. Like whatever I’d do the same kinds of things if I was in your shoes.
Possible that Cam denied it anticipating a subsequent exchange likely goes like this;
CAM - "yes coach you shoved me"
Hurley - "you think THAT was a shove?! I'll show you a SHOVE!"

Happily cooler heads prevailed and we aren't dealing with the above Bob Knight II scenario :eek:

Reaction Score
No one is really complaining or hating lol, just pointing out what a nutcase he is in jest.
Opposing fans use it as ammo, not that it matters. These kind-of events make you realize how much hyperbole opposing fans use though, that he is always on the floor, more than the players, etc when it is maybe the 3rd or 4th time he's done it.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It does look like he pushed Spencer, but it's hard to see because his hands are behind Spencer's back. But if he did push Spencer, why didn't Spencer turn around to see who pushed him?
Probably because it happens a few times a week in practice.

Reaction Score
He definetly got caught up in the moment it happens. It’s just the constant pursuit of excellence.

When you go to a game make sure you check out the bench it’s fascinating to watch. At the Elite 8 game up 30 Luke, Kimani, and Moore were all standing up and just as animated as Hurley was shouting instructions.

When the Cam push happened I was yelling “Hurley just chill we got this”. It just adds to the memories of this team and we can all get a good laugh, can be talked about from Cam in an upcoming documentary.

Reaction Score
He definetly got caught up in the moment it happens. It’s just the constant pursuit of excellence.

When you go to a game make sure you check out the bench it’s fascinating to watch. At the Elite 8 game up 30 Luke, Kimani, and Moore were all standing up and just as animated as Hurley was shouting instructions.

When the Cam push happened I was yelling “Hurley just chill we got this”. It just adds to the memories of this team and we can all get a good laugh, can be talked about from Cam in an upcoming documentary.
fact that hurley was coaching cam in the second half of his last game while the team was up big in the championship game....speaks volumes. These guys are worlds better for getting to play for him.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It was one of the silliest things I have ever seen a coach do - thank God we were up a million points. I kinda hope he starts to stay put on the sidelines…he and Shaka are gonna get point-of-emphasis’d by the refs at some point.

Reaction Score
It happens. He just got caught up in the moment, not a big deal and not the only time we'll ever see coaches go onto the court like that.

Hell, we hired a guy intentionally tripping and injuring an NFL player. :)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My wife asked if Cam would be a coach someday. I said maybe after many years of playing in the pros. But if he does become a coach it would be likely if a similar situation arose where a player was stagnant on the side near him, instead of the shove he'd run out to his player grab the ball and drive to the basket.

Reaction Score
The shove upset me a little bit during the game but is funny now. Listen to Cam discuss it on the Rich Eisen show (around 7 minute mark). I grabbed this from another boneyard thread.

Reaction Score
My wife and I died laughing when we saw it. I both couldn’t believe and could completely believe that it happened. It is what it is that’s just Hurley. I love him.

I really loved Cam’s shrug when Hurley asked if he touched him. Like whatever I’d do the same kinds of things if I was in your shoes.
This is what I thought too. Cam is every bit as nuts as Hurley. I hope we can replace that fire and energy with some other competitive freak.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom