2020 Recruiting: - Hurley watching Cliff tomorrow (10/10) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Hurley watching Cliff tomorrow (10/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Any time you are comparing what might be the best guard in UCONN history, and certainly the best guard in the country that year, to what we have now....

you can throw out the comparison.

That’s irrelevant to the argument, which is about depth. We have almost never had more guard depth than we will have next year. So adding a guard isn’t a desperate need. If the view is that Cole and Gaffney aren’t good enough that’s fine, but since neither has played for us we don’t really know.

Reaction Score
This is lining up for Kentucky to snag him next spring. My opinion is there is no way we start the season without a commit from a Big. and Cliff is not going to a school with another freshmen center. So that's the ball game.

Reaction Score
This is lining up for Kentucky to snag him next spring. My opinion is there is no way we start the season without a commit from a Big. and Cliff is not going to a school with another freshmen center. So that's the ball game.
Agreed. Lock down Cardwell. If Cliff wants us in the Spring, we'll make it work. But it looks all but over.

Reaction Score
Well reality is - Kentucky is Kentucky. Auburn will pay anyone anything they want.

We need a big, keep recruiting him hard, but i'm so sold on Cardwell at this point, I'd rather get that commitment now and if we want to keep pushing for Cliff, great. Let's do that.

But I want Cardwell. He's such a good fit here it's nuts.

Reaction Score
You're comparing Cole, Gaffney, and Bouknight to Kemba, Bazz, and Lamb. Come on.

The 04-05 team only had Taliek, Williams, Gordon, and Anderson? Umm, that's the #10, #41, #41, and #24 recruits in the country. Come on.

Kemba was the best player in the country in 2010-2011 and you're comparing him to a guy who was the 479th ranked recruit who played great at Howard University.
I believe the poster was focusing on ball handling and who brings the ball up, not overall talent. I could be wrong

Reaction Score
I don't think Springs or Javonte would be a deterrence, but Carlton likely is.
Nick Richards has been playing very well for UK and will likely leave for the draft. I don't have any inside info but it seems like Cliff would need a clear path to starting here or he's gonna go elsewhere. Prob UK.

And if I'm Hurley I am creating that clear path, iykwim. Cliff is worth it.

Reaction Score
I don't think Springs or Javonte would be a deterrence, but Carlton likely is....I don't have any inside info but it seems like Cliff would need a clear path to starting here or he's gonna go elsewhere.

youre kidding, right? his path to starting is so clear you could drive a dump truck through it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think Springs or Javonte would be a deterrence, but Carlton likely is.
Nick Richards has been playing very well for UK and will likely leave for the draft. I don't have any inside info but it seems like Cliff would need a clear path to starting here or he's gonna go elsewhere. Prob UK.

And if I'm Hurley I am creating that clear path, iykwim. Cliff is worth it.
If he is as good as some think he is Carlton will not be a deterrence. Have you seen Josh play lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom