Hurley signs 2-year contract extension | The Boneyard

Hurley signs 2-year contract extension

Reaction Score
Good news but interesting that DH seems to like Rothstein to break significant news vs local guys. Not a criticism but just an observation.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Well that settles that. He's not leaving for a while.

Whelp a couple years at least.

The backend isnt that prohibitive and would be paid off by anyone he wanted to jump to. But thats the business of sports and if that was the case in 4-5 years it would probably indicate we were wildly successful over the interim.

Not worried about it. I just find buyouts (on both sides) curious concerning the market.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I can't see him leaving for anywhere else. He is a northeast guy , bringing UConn back to form in the Big East. As long as it's college, he will be here coaching. This is his dream job.
Andrea is starting to rock on the WAGs podcast so you know DH isn't going to get in the way of that Mojo. LOL

Good for them. Good for us.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Good news but interesting that DH seems to like Rothstein to break significant news vs local guys. Not a criticism but just an observation.
He's buddies with Rothstein, Goodman, Zags etc. It's a great thing after years of what seems like a bit of an adversarial relationship with UConn and the tri-state and national guys.
Was just going to post that. Why?

On first glance it seems totally ridiculous but I'm pretty sure the buyout remains $0 with Edsall.

Reaction Score
Was just going to post that. Why?

There is ONLY one answer on Edsall. He is a Plug. One that was inexpensive ... and continues to be $. Benedict believes he is gonna circle back to a good program ... and quite frankly, so do I. He is hard to take; but he also is the Football typology that I like. Gristled old school

Reaction Score
I don't think that Hurley will be an NBA threat for a long, long time if ever.

The way he coaches doesn't really fit the NBA style. He's about recruiting, toughness, building a great staff, aggressive defense, etc. The NBA is about offensive skill and flexibility and covering the PnR in a variety of ways...Also managing egos. That's just not really how Hurley has operated to date.

Congrats, Coach. Well deserved.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom