Hurley Should Have An Honest Talk With Bouk | The Boneyard

Hurley Should Have An Honest Talk With Bouk

Reaction Score
What is his likely draft position? After yesterday it doesn’t seem top 10 but if it is he’s gone. No way he has strength to be great in NBA player right away. Problems are defense, 3 point shooting, durability, maturity. Does he want to be a fringe player? Longshot would be if he really wants to improve his stock should he slip far, and no one knows that draft position for certain yet. Sure I want him back but really so he ends up a more complete player before he leaves. Worked nicely for Rip and Ray, Emeka and many others. One can hope.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Its amazing how easy it is for people to tell a kid he should turn down $5 million because he could get $12m...or zero, a decision none of you would make yourselves. But you want HIM to do it.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
The extent of the talk should be "if you declare for the NBA Draft, you will be a multi-millionaire by July. You were a great Husky and you'll always be a great Husky, and we all look forward to watching what you accomplish over the next 15 years in the league. Make sure you shoot 1000 3s a day between now and October, and please finish your course work so we don't get dinged."

That's it. That's the talk.

Reaction Score
Lots of declarations but what about his draft position and the financial implications? If he is the 7th pick or the 20th?

Reaction Score
He's going to make a ton of money but he unfortunately lost himself a bunch of money recently.

Not really. He dropped a few spots most likely but he NBA guys play for their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th contracts. If he is a formidable player he will get a $50+ million contract in a few seasons.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's going to make a ton of money but he unfortunately lost himself a bunch of money recently.

Any money "lost" by dropping in the first round will be recovered/mitigated by follow on contracts if he excels during his first contract.

Reaction Score
Dumb fans all over the place. I don’t think you guys understand the fact that you develop at a better rate in the NBA or G league than in college . He can focus completely on getting better both physically and skill wise with the best trainers in the world. If you have the talent to be a first round pick you leave no questions asked, stop being selfish.

Reaction Score
He should go. But as much as I think he can be a good player at the next level I don’t see him as a lottery level guy.

Reaction Score
To me he doesn’t look like a sure fire pro. He does some things well but he doesn’t shoot all that well from 3, he hasn’t shown himself to be durable, he isn’t that strong. I have to wonder if he looks tired late in a college season, how will he fare in back to back games in OKC and San Francisco followed by one night off to travel to Boston? I’m of the opinion that NBA teams drafting on “potential” has hurt both the college game and the pro game but that’s not my call.

Reaction Score
The plan all along since last season was he was gone after this season. Expectations have been set. Unless he finds out he's not a first round draft choice, which I don't think anyone expects, then he's gone.

Reaction Score
To me he doesn’t look like a sure fire pro. He does some things well but he doesn’t shoot all that well from 3, he hasn’t shown himself to be durable, he isn’t that strong. I have to wonder if he looks tired late in a college season, how will he fare in back to back games in OKC and San Francisco followed by one night off to travel to Boston? I’m of the opinion that NBA teams drafting on “potential” has hurt both the college game and the pro game but that’s not my call.
Final moments of last nights game and you all saw it, desperation mode Hurley had Gaffney drive the ball from baseline to baseline to draw fouls at the rim, not Bouk. Call it what you want, his handle strength whatever. This is by no means demeaning some of Bouk’s scoring or talent. He has not been right since coming back condition or skill wise.

Reaction Score
go pro, work hard, get paid and get better. Work ethic will dictate how long his career is, as with many in similar 6-4 two guards

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom